Best Way to Attach a GoPro to my Head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrazyGlue_1542307234002-HR.jpg

Reactions: Doc
Not a good idea. I got a headache from watching a video taken by a friend with a camera mounted on his mask. You need to keep your head very steady and turn very sloooowly. Very unnatural. Forget about it. Wasting time and money. Get yourself handheld mounting device.

Not a good idea. I got a headache from watching a video taken by a friend with a camera mounted on his mask. You need to keep your head very steady and turn very sloooowly. Very unnatural. Forget about it. Wasting time and money. Get yourself handheld mounting device.

You have to consider what you want to do. If you want top quality filmography I would agree. If however you want POV action shots a head mount works just fine. Plus it has the advantage of reducing task loading for inexperienced divers, hence I use it with my daughter.

This is a pretty good review of various ways to mount GoPro during diving. For hands free mounting, head mount is the worst and wrist mount is the best.

Avoid putting any camera on your head... those videos give me sea sickness.

As others have said, the resulting videos from a head mount make for jerky/nauseating videos. I use a hand-mount that leaves my hands free. When I want to shoot, I press the button and concentrate on holding the camera steady. Then when I need to stop, I just stop recording. You don't really want to record the dive in it's entirety as even you'll get bored watching the entire dive again. Just shooting snippets through the dive and then stitching them together makes for a nice video. Here's the hand mount I use (scroll to the bottom of the page for the info on the mount).

Dive swag & accessories- ExRDS apparel and 3D printed dive accessories

Reactions: Dan
BTW, my hand mount is way cheaper than @Dan_T's!!! The pictures from mine aren't quite as good though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom