Best Way to Attach a GoPro to my Head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a headband is a good way to loose it, so id go with a mask mount if you want it on the whole time. if you just want highlights and the ability to get better angles and frames, then this is what i do... super simple and just snaps to a d ring out of the way when not in use
DFC02BF8-ED55-40EC-A17A-AD0CD8499824.jpeg

We offer a full range of Go Pro mounting options. Please take a look.

The head mount option has some drawbacks, which are associated with excess head motion - as discussed by others. If you hands are fully occupied with some activity (like spearfishing or catching game or working etc.) then a head mount makes a lot of sense. If you have it angled correctly, you can pretty much let it run. If you want to capture decent quality video, you need to learn to move your head slowly and to stare at objects much loner than feels natural. You can learn to do this and with some extra editing techniques, decent video can be made.

We offer a head mount strap with a chin strap. it is basically impossible to loose the mount if you put it on your head, then put your regulator in your mouth and don't remove it. Even if it completely pops off (on say a back roll entry) the mount will be wrapped around your second stage hose. Don't use a "normal" go pro head strap! Alternatively, you can wear the mount under your hood.

A hand held mount is much more stable. A two hand mount is the most stable and is recommended if you primary objective is to capture quality video.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Speargun-Camera-Mounts-GoPro-Accessories-s/45.htm

Mount it on a tray or handle so you can frame your shots and hold the camera steady.

I definitely understand the value, but I'd really like to keep my hands free. I've reached the point where I've already taken enough still photos of my favorite dive haunts, so I'd like to enjoy having my hands unoccupied for a bit while also capturing some dive footage...

After seeing many of the responses here, I've decided that I'm getting a head mount and pumping YouTube full of jerky, bubble-filled footage simply to spite all the "screw it into your forehead" comedians.

Congratulations you hosers, you've played yourselves.

After seeing many of the responses here, I've decided that I'm getting a head mount and pumping YouTube full of jerky, bubble-filled footage simply to spite all the "screw it into your forehead" comedians.

Let me guess. You’re an Eagles fan... :)

You have to decide whether you want to shoot video or have your hands free. If you want a hands-free dive, leave the camera at home.

I have a light on a soft Goodman handle.

I mounted my GoPro clone on top of the light, using the handlebar type mounters (except its straight-line, not at 90 deg).

This keeps my hands free when not filming. The whole setup is small enough to be unobtrusive.

I really don't want to film my entire dive. Honestly, it would be 90% boring. When I see something cool, its right there, w/ the video-beam light right in line. Film, then go back to diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom