Blue Angel or ScubaClub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To clarify, we are sick of the cab rides from 3P's in the morning to the Marina, then from the Marina back to the Hotel or Dive Shop after diving.

You're not paying for them. But I do think it is a nicer atmosphere getting picked up and dropped off by a boat at a dock.

You're not paying for them. But I do think it is a nicer atmosphere getting picked up and dropped off by a boat at a dock.

At no point did I mention "paying for them" was any part of the inconvenience. My goal is to change strategies on our next vacation and see if it has an overall positive effect on the experience.

I’ll agree that walking out to the end of the dock is a lot more relaxing than jumping into a taxi and getting shuttled over to the caleta. The one good thing is that TP always has my gear set up for me before I arrive. With BA I took my own gear out to the end of the dock and then it was assembled afterwards.

I did enjoy my BA trips but I like staying in town now. I can see the draw for both styles of diving and vacation styles. It somewhat depends on how you want to spend your non diving time.

I’ll agree that walking out to the end of the dock is a lot more relaxing than jumping into a taxi and getting shuttled over to the caleta. The one good thing is that TP always has my gear set up for me before I arrive. With BA I took my own gear out to the end of the dock and then it was assembled afterwards.

I did enjoy my BA trips but I like staying in town now. I can see the draw for both styles of diving and vacation styles. It somewhat depends on how you want to spend your non diving time.

I like TP and seem to use them about every 3rd trip. When I say it is nicer to get picked up at the dock, I don't mean it is a make-or-break factor. It just feels more "vacation-like" to spend the time waiting while sitting on a dock watching the sea and feeling the wind than in a store waiting for a taxi. When I stay at BA I like to sit in the restaurant having coffee and browsing the internet while watching the ocean for the boat.

As for having your gear set up, you can have it both ways. I've stayed at BA but didn't use their dive op. Other dive ops can pickup/dropoff there and many of those will rinse/store your gear and have it waiting for you on the boat. I often keep my gear anyway since I like to shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom