New taxi company at airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compared to...?

Well - a few weeks ago, I took a cab from the airport to Calle 10 Ave 10 for 30 pesos. That same ride on their chart is 169 pesos...... I'd say I got the ride a touch cheaper by walking what 100yds?

I'd say I got the ride a touch cheaper by walking what 100yds?
You don't carry much gear on planes, huh?

You don't carry much gear on planes, huh?

I dropped my wife off at the airport and returned the rental car, was getting a ride back to the condo. You shoulda seen it when I got here though, moving here and brought a lot of stuff down - I had 4 at 50# checked plus carry on.

Someone posted the regular taxi zone rates and it was 29 pesos from airport to where I’m at, that’s a far cry from 169.

It says Cancun in the link, but it has the Cozumel rates and contact info. I'd send them an email if I were interested in more detail.

I generally have my full carry on and two 70# bags and my "purse". Just getting them through customs is a workout. You should see the look on the van drivers face when he sees and lifts my bags into and out of the van. 81 pesos is worth walking off of the airport with four bags and getting a cheap taxi. It's a much lighter load going back.

Cheers -

I generally have my full carry on and two 70# bags and my "purse". Just getting them through customs is a workout. You should see the look on the van drivers face when he sees and lifts my bags into and out of the van. 81 pesos is worth walking off of the airport with four bags and getting a cheap taxi. It's a much lighter load going back.

Cheers -
Traveling light is not in our vocabulary, either. I'll take the shuttle.

Saw the new taxi fleet at the airport yesterday. All nice and shiny new vehicles. Our taxi driver did not, of course, seem very happy when we mentioned the new taxis.

Saw the new taxi fleet at the airport yesterday. All nice and shiny new vehicles. Our taxi driver did not, of course, seem very happy when we mentioned the new taxis.
No one likes competition when they have a monopoly. Where will prices go? Maybe cheaper unless government controlled. Then watch the newspapers for unusual explosions/fires in taxi cabs at night.

Cheers -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom