Recent visit to Cabo San Lucas/Revillagigedos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be doing some local diving from Cabo and then spending a week at the Revillagigedos starting next week. Anyone with a recent visit who can tell me the water temps at either or both locations? I'm counting on low to mid 70s

Thanks

It would be about 77F (25C) on May 18, 2019 (same as the year before) according to https://seatemperature.info/may/socorro-island-water-temperature.html

I was there 5 months ago with Nautilus Undersea Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report and read their yearly water temperature table, as shown below and post it in their webpage Giant Mantas at Socorro Island- Nautilus Liveaboards

image.jpeg

Their table is pretty accurate. It's also stating 77F in May.

Hopefully someone just came back from there would chime in.

I'm planning to go back there again in May 2020 for the baitball in addition to the usual suspects (Giant mantas, bottlenose dolphins and sharks). Please post what you see next week!

I heard from Nautilus by email on May 10, water was said to be 72-75 at that time.

Hey! I went diving today. May and June is the coldest time of year here but right now in the shallows there is a really nice warm surface temp of 75f/25c to about 40ft/12m. Once you get passed this it drops sharply to about 20c to 90-100ft and then even colder below. This is from the CSL bay area to Gordo Banks etc, out in Socorro it doesn't drop that low - like the other people here are saying, around 77f ish. Let me know if you need a private dive guide around the Cabo area....

Hey! I went diving today. May and June is the coldest time of year here but right now in the shallows there is a really nice warm surface temp of 75f/25c to about 40ft/12m. Once you get passed this it drops sharply to about 20c to 90-100ft and then even colder below. This is from the CSL bay area to Gordo Banks etc, out in Socorro it doesn't drop that low - like the other people here are saying, around 77f ish. Let me know if you need a private dive guide around the Cabo area....
Thanks for the info, I'm good

Just returned from the Revillagigedos this week. We saw temps at the surface of 74-75, and 72-73 at depth. We even had one dive at The Canyon where we caught a 68 degree upwelling at 70 ft! Visibility was down due to the windy conditions, but we saw a ton of dolphins, mantas and hammerheads. You're in for a GREAT time!

Just returned from the Revillagigedos this week. We saw temps at the surface of 74-75, and 72-73 at depth. We even had one dive at The Canyon where we caught a 68 degree upwelling at 70 ft! Visibility was down due to the windy conditions, but we saw a ton of dolphins, mantas and hammerheads. You're in for a GREAT time!
Thanks @CZS I leave tomorrow for Cabo, to spend a couple of days before boarding the Nautilus Explorer

Back
Top Bottom