1981-83 LOS ANGELES COUNTY ADVANCED DIVER PROGRAM ALUMNI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I AM SEEKING ASSISTANCE FROM ANY AND ALL IN RE-CONNECTING WITH DIVE BUDDIES I KNEW. WE WORKED WITH THE LATE TOM WETZEL. THEY WERE DOUG MOORE, ORLANDO DELGADO, DAN AND TERESA GOSPARINI, JESUS DEUYMOVICH, DAVE KNAPP, JOAN GOETZ, OLIVIA GAINES, CARL HICKS, HERB KATZ, PENNY TAYLOR. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES. MY PHONE IS (877) 847-8866 jarenshaw@ureach.com. THANK YOU ALL.

Attachments

• RIP TOM WETZEL posted scubaboard 12282017.jpg
    RIP TOM WETZEL posted scubaboard 12282017.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 1982 scuba diving group 6.jpg
    1982 scuba diving group 6.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 86
  • scuba diving 1982 group 5 including Dave Bunch and Jesus Deumovich.jpg
    scuba diving 1982 group 5 including Dave Bunch and Jesus Deumovich.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 1982 scuba diving group 7 including Tom Wetzel.jpg
    1982 scuba diving group 7 including Tom Wetzel.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 63
  • scuba diving 1982 Danny Gosparini and wife Halloween party.jpg
    scuba diving 1982 Danny Gosparini and wife Halloween party.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 73
Looks like Dave Bunch was in the mix. He is still in the industry so you might try contacting him.

Suggest referring to your earlier post :
The Late Tom Wetzel/ Los Angeles Area Instructor

it is suggested that you contact the LA Co UW office who has records of all who participated in the various activities

Please recognize that diving , like many activities only holds the interest of the participants for a limited time.

There are numerous stumbling blocks; schooling, employment, moving, marriage, children, death and AGE. All seven categories are possible for those listed in your search.

If you do locate them do not be alarmed by the physical transition due to the ageing process.
They will also be the possibility of lack of interest in wrapping ther bodies in a coat of rubber, putting on a mask that limits their vison, a fins that make it almost impossible to walk and a tank of air and trot out in to the Pacific ocean to have fun.

I wish you well and God speed in location your former dive buddies

Dr Samuel Miller. 111
LA CO UW Instructor

Looks like Dave Bunch was in the mix. He is still in the industry so you might try contacting him.

Dave does not respond to messages and posts to his Facebook page, for whatever reason, even though he continues to make posts himself. If I had his phone number and primary email address, I could try those. If you see him, please bring this to his attention. Thanks.

Suggest referring to your earlier post :
The Late Tom Wetzel/ Los Angeles Area Instructor

it is suggested that you contact the LA Co UW office who has records of all who participated in the various activities

Please recognize that diving , like many activities only holds the interest of the participants for a limited time.

There are numerous stumbling blocks; schooling, employment, moving, marriage, children, death and AGE. All seven categories are possible for those listed in your search.

If you do locate them do not be alarmed by the physical transition due to the ageing process.
They will also be the possibility of lack of interest in wrapping ther bodies in a coat of rubber, putting on a mask that limits their vison, a fins that make it almost impossible to walk and a tank of air and trot out in to the Pacific ocean to have fun.

I wish you well and God speed in location your former dive buddies

Dr Samuel Miller. 111
LA CO UW Instructor

Thanks Sam. Your suggestions are very very insightful. My motto is: forget how your body has aged; important thing is to remain young in spirit, attitude, and in reaching out to people of all ages. The LACO Underwater Unit did send me the list of ADP graduates, and I betcha that at least some of them are on FB, but under different user names. Dave Bunch remains active on FB on daily basis, but does not respond at all to messages and posts. If I had his phone and primary email address, I would try them. ----- Jack jarenshaw@ureach.com (877) 847-8866

The LA Co UW Instructors are a unique band of brothers. They all competed the first and the most demanding prestigious underwater instructor course ever created of ever will be created.

We who are UICC graduates have remained in contact via occasional visits telephone calls, social gatherings and most recently sadly to reports funerals.

Dave Bunch has not responded to you for reasons unknown to me- I will not betray his trust and provide you with his personal information.

@drbill is not and has never been a member of the LA Co Underwater instructors association therefore Is not bound by the same unpublished code.
I suspect Dave Bunch is s close personal friend of @drbill and he can supply a contact
'
With this response I consider this matter closed with not further contact required

Good luck
Dr. Samuel Miller, III

Dave Bunch has not responded to you for reasons unknown to me- I will not betray his trust and provide you with his personal information.

@drbill is not and has never been a member of the LA Co Underwater instructors association therefore Is not bound by the same unpublished code.
I suspect Dave Bunch is s close personal friend of @drbill and he can supply a contact

Indeed, Sam. Never claimed to have been. I had all I could do with instructing as many as seven academic courses a semester during my teaching career on Catalina. Becoming a SCUBA instructor would have added way too much to my load so we made sure to hire out for that position. The LACUIA had so many fine individuals in it already... they didn't need a marine biologist! I'd take over after the instructors did their magic and created new divers!

I am certainly a friend of Dave's as he worked for several years out here on the island in the recent past. If he is like me, I often am oblivious to many of the "private messages" that arrive here and only respond when I get a notification that there is a post that mentions my handle.

Well good for you !
The UIA had a number of Marine Bios as well as a number of other professional specialties-
All who were acceptedmnabd participated and those who completed the UICC held down full time positions- It was a three months long - may applied few were accepted and even fewer graduated

So you will supply Dave Bunch's contact informnation since he is a close personal friend of yours ?

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom