Neoprene wrist seals - how do these work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are times when no rings are nice but the times when they save a dive more than make up for it, aren’t sitech ovals only a $50ish add on? Simple is good but built in boots are more trouble than they are worth.

There are times when no rings are nice but the times when they save a dive more than make up for it, aren’t sitech ovals only a $50ish add on? Simple is good but built in boots are more trouble than they are worth.

If I were getting latex seals, I would totally agree. I have never had neoprene seals. Are you saying they are not sufficiently robust to trust?

I have 3 SP EverFlex wetsuits that have what looks like pretty much the exact same thing for wrist seals. I have never even gotten a knick in one of them...

Regardless, if the consequence of losing a day of diving is too much to bear, I would take my other suit, with replaceable seals, either instead or in addition. Most likely, instead.

I have had 2 suits with attached boots. My only real issue with them is that in some undies, they fit well. In other undies, they are either too loose or too tight. For this suit, I would only be using it with thin undies, so if the boots fit, they should be fine (for me).

aren’t sitech ovals only a $50ish add on?
SiTech ovals are primarily intended towards SiTech Antares rings. Which I personally wouldn't recommend. The seal rings are OK, the gloves suck. IMNSHO.

The Waterproof Ultima rings, OTOH, are rather nice. If you're willing to handle the faff with rings in the suit. Again, IMNSHO.

SiTech ovals are primarily intended towards SiTech Antares rings. Which I personally wouldn't recommend. The seal rings are OK, the gloves suck. IMNSHO.

The Waterproof Ultima rings, OTOH, are rather nice. If you're willing to handle the faff with rings in the suit. Again, IMNSHO.
I hope it’s the other way around, the antaries are intended for the oval rings because I like the oval rings for wet glove use, antaries suck for dry gloves but they do work well for keeping your hands wet, the Virgo locking system works great, they also work with the oval stiff rings.

Thanks. I do keep some talc with my drysuit, to put on the silicone seals.

My real question is how do you deal with undergarments? Specifically, long sleeves. These neo wrist seals seem like they would make it where you would be wanting to cut off your undergarment sleeves halfway down your forearm, just to make them usable under the suit with neo wrist seals. Which makes me think I'm just missing something here.

Stuart...

Storker is correct...

I have neoprene seals on my DUI CF-200...

On the neck seal the glide-skin is on the outside and requires tucking under...wrist seals are glide-skin on the inside and do not need to be tucked...it is important to give the manufacturer correct neck and wrist circumferences when ordering to ensure proper sealing...

Again...neoprene seals are a personal preference with me...and generally are not popular with the vast majority...

They are warm...very durable...will last indefinately if cared for...a little seal saver type lubricant on the glide-skin side when cleaning...nothing else required...keep suit out of the sun when drying...and store in a vented bag to help protect form ozone...

For gloves...I use Waterproof G1...5 mm...c/w short zippered gauntlet...easy last minute donning/doffing...not quite ''dry''...but very warm...+ 3/4 degrees C...Great Lakes...

In combination...I swear by them...and use nothing else...

Hope this helps...

Warren

If I order this suit, I might spend up for the Quick Neck system and then try one of these replaceable neoprene neck seals. To me, a replaceable neck seal system does not have any downside (apart from the expense).

Neoprene Neckseal

But, I don't want to spend up for wrist rings, since they do have somewhat of a downside.

Actually, maybe I should order a neo seal to use on my current suit, to try it. Hmmm....

To me, a replaceable neck seal system does not have any downside (apart from the expense).
I have the SiTech Gen 1 neck seal ring on my current suit. I definitely see one (or perhaps two) downsides. Not that they aren't compensated by the upsides, though.

I have the SiTech Gen 1 neck seal ring on my current suit. I definitely see one (or perhaps two) downsides. Not that they aren't compensated by the upsides, though.

I have heard that those might not be good for everyone. I have the Gen 2, I guess. I don't have any complaints with it.

With the back zip the stiffer ring may not feel good, I have the second gen ring and it’s good but probably would have gone with the newest style if it were available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom