AquaLung and Oceanic same company.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottsfire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok...I've heard of this for a second time last night and I'm not sure if it was bar talk or if there is something behind this, but the this is what was said, "Well, you do know that Aqua Lung and Oceanic are the exact same company right"??? Uh no I don't know.

I googled some of both their products and they do look a little similar but couldn't find anything on this.

Soooo......What say you guys?

Thanks,
Scotty V.

No,

AFAIK Aqualung is still owned by Air Liquide,That also includes Apeks in some manner.

Oceanic (and Hollis) were recently acquired by Huish Oudoors - Huish Outdoors Announces Acquisition of Oceanic and Hollis Brands - DiveNewswire

Huish Outdoors is passionate about diving and our brands. Truly amazing experiences fuel our spirit and recharge our souls. It is our passion for the unbelievable, the adventure, and the exploration that has brought the world’s best diving brands together into ONE company. ATOMIC AQUATICS, BARE, HOLLIS, OCEANIC, SHARKSKIN, STAHLSAC, ZEAGLE and SUUNTO

Until recently Pelagic Pressure Systems made computers for Oceanic and then more reccently Aqualung since Aqualung bought the company. There was a transition period a couple years ago where all they did was re-brand the Oceanic models with Aqualung faces - IDK the ccurrent status but I believe there's a new Aqualung spec'd range now.

Last edited:
Copy.....that make sense. THanks!
:)

the sale also ends the Cousteau relationship to AL.

the sale also ends the Cousteau relationship to AL.

As I understand it, it was pretty well over with with JY Cousteau's death. The relationship started because of his first wife:
A Brief History of Diving (before 1943), Post 2, Scroll to the Jacques-Yves Cousteau heading.

... Jacques-Yves Cousteau was a French Naval officer that wanted to make motion pictures. He married Simone Melchior in 1937; the daughter of Henri Melchior, a senior director of multinational industrial gas supplier Air Liquide...

No,

AFAIK Aqualung is still owned by Air Liquide,That also includes Apeks in some manner.

Oceanic (and Hollis) were recently acquired by Huish Oudoors - Huish Outdoors Announces Acquisition of Oceanic and Hollis Brands - DiveNewswire

Until recently Pelagic Pressure Systems made computers for Oceanic and then more reccently Aqualung since Aqualung bought the company. There was a transition period a couple years ago where all they did was re-brand the Oceanic models with Aqualung faces - IDK the ccurrent status but I believe there's a new Aqualung spec'd range now.

Does anyone know if Oceanic computers are still manufactured at Pelagic Pressure Systems?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom