Neoprene wrist seals - how do these work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. Worthy point. I'll have to ask about that. But, I'm on the bigger side, so hopefully there will be adequate clearance between the ring and zipper to not cause discomfort. With my current suit, my head just barely fits through the ring. It's definitely not over-sized for me...

When you say "the newest style", do you mean the O-rust? I think O-rust is the 3rd Gen, isn't it?

Hmmm. Worthy point. I'll have to ask about that. But, I'm on the bigger side, so hopefully there will be adequate clearance between the ring and zipper to not cause discomfort. With my current suit, my head just barely fits through the ring. It's definitely not over-sized for me...

When you say "the newest style", do you mean the O-rust? I think O-rust is the 3rd Gen, isn't it?
Yes O-rust, odd name. Last week I started thinking about that system as my buddy had to remove his unite so we could roll his neck seal back in.

Lambing lube

Sorry, I'd better explain. Lubricate is a better option for neoprene wrist seals than talc. Proprietary lubes like Jollop are good but over priced. Lambing lube is just as good, non-corrosive (for obvious reasons) and much cheaper.

Yes O-rust, odd name. Last week I started thinking about that system as my buddy had to remove his unite so we could roll his neck seal back in.

It seems like I've seen a couple of posts around here that were not very explicit but implied that some people have had trouble with the O-rust system... I was thinking I would probably stay away from it as the Quick-neck has been working fine for me.

It seems like I've seen a couple of posts around here that were not very explicit but implied that some people have had trouble with the O-rust system... I was thinking I would probably stay away from it as the Quick-neck has been working fine for me.
Most of what I heard was the theoretical “I could lose a clip” sort of thing, I haven’t encountered one in person yet.

If I order this suit, I might spend up for the Quick Neck system and then try one of these replaceable neoprene neck seals. To me, a replaceable neck seal system does not have any downside (apart from the expense).

Neoprene Neckseal

Had no idea that those existed! Bookmarking to think about later - thanks!

FWIW - I just picked up a semi-dry to use for training/instructing activities since while I love my dry gloves in cold water, they do make gear R&R a pain, esp with a fixed harness BP/W. (at least for me...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom