Cozumel shortage of Lionfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East side has to be infested though I would think.........

Not as many as you might think. More than the west side, but not nearly as many as a few years ago.

Not as many as you might think. More than the west side, but not nearly as many as a few years ago.

Thats good to hear. Are people going after them over there at all/when weather permits?

I still maintain if they want to make them extinct, spread rumors that they are like eating Rhino horns.........ultimate male enhancement! Will be hunted to extinction real quick LOL! :)
We humans have hunted plenty of animals to the point of extinction without even trying; I'm confident we can handle these little jerks.

We humans have hunted plenty of animals to the point of extinction without even trying; I'm confident we can handle these little jerks.
We need you to hunt Exotic Fire Ants in Texas. Our Horny Toads think they look like appetizers, but they eat the lizards.

Thats good to hear. Are people going after them over there at all/when weather permits?

I’m not on the island often enough to say for sure, but there are usually hunters on the boat when I’ve been there. We’ve been around the southern end of the island to Islote my last couple of trips (March 2019 and July 2018). Don’t really know if the local fishermen are over there. I would suspect they would be.

A couple months ago we snuck around to El Islote where the DM found 3 lionfish. We saw none on the west side the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom