DC1400 focus problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newsrus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a problem with my SeaLife DC1400. The autofocus doesn’t seem to work properly anymore either underwater or on land. As a result shots are blurry. It takes a long time after pressing the shutter button for the picture to take. It used to take much better pics. I’ve tried playing around with the settings but can’t get decent shots. By way of comparison I’ve uploaded a shot taken with my iPhone and the SeaLife both on full auto mode. The phone takes the shot immediately with no flash. The camera takes ages to shoot and uses the flash (I turned the flash off and the results weren’t much better).
A887FE4E-113B-4A58-AC20-82065D2ECCCC.jpeg
D9731C16-6C3F-49DC-A759-951F349FC365.jpeg
D0AACF61-1FFB-4335-96A1-0F2D639926F5.jpeg
Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Contact SeaLife, I have only good things to say about their customer service.

Have you gone into the menu to see what your settings are?

If you changed the battery, there's a chance it went back to a default setting which is giving the camera the wrong preferences for what you are trying to do.

check your firmware version against the latest on sealife website: SeaLife Diving Camera Firmware | Action Camera Operating System

Updating helped a lot with focus lag on mine, back when. Check the settings, make sure focus is not on "macro" or something.

But generally speaking DC1400's performance top-side is one of the reasons I wasn't too keen on upgrading to 2000. Coming from Canons... meh.

Like has been said, contact Sealife. They have great customer service from my experience. I just upgraded my DC2000 with the latest firmware and that solved a setting problem I`ve had from the get go. No big deal as it was easily solved by flipping a switch, but try it and see if that works for you. They have upgrades for your 1400. Good luck.

And it`s always taken forever to focus and shoot, that`s one of the reasons I went with the 2000. Too many fish butt pics!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom