Santi did it again....New Elite Plus Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Standard cut was indeed spot on. I sort of feel like I might have ordered the shoes a bit too small as putting them on and walking felt pretty tight, but they feel great in the water. I asked my wife to measure me about 5-6 times and analyzed the results to eliminate any errors. I'm not necessarily recommending this to everyone, but it has worked for me. :bounce:

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on the elite plus compared to the emotion plus?

I am looking to purchase my first drysuit for Melbourne (Australia) waters. At the moment I mainly shore/pier dive with occasional boat dives. Not sure what the future will bring but I do want to try wreck and cave diving (but that could be a ways off yet).

I'm very taken by the SANTI e.motion+ and have tried it out in a pool. I like the range of motion and the ease of getting into etc. I'm curious if the e.lite plus is worth considering, or if it's perhaps too much for my needs. Feedback appreciated!

Totally worth it! We just even added some to our rental fleet. If you need durability, go the E.lite + if you want more flexibility, go the E.motion+. But, both will suit most divers pretty well. I would say do it!!!!

Hi Mike, since you sell DUI line as well, how does this compare with DUI Flex Extreme?

Totally worth it! We just even added some to our rental fleet. If you need durability, go the E.lite + if you want more flexibility, go the E.motion+. But, both will suit most divers pretty well. I would say do it!!!!
Awesome - I wish hiring out drysuits was a thing here, would love to try a little more before such a big investment!

I'm thinking that at this stage of my diving, flexibility is more important, but some of the reports of durability issues of the emotion (hard to tell if posters are talking about the e.motion or the e.motion+) worry me. Is the e.lite+ relatively flexible?

Hi Mike, since you sell DUI line as well, how does this compare with DUI Flex Extreme?

Great question, both are stellar and you honestly can't make a bad decision with either. Which Santi would you be comparing? I really wouldn't mind either of them if I had to pick today. If you wanted lighter weight though and flexibility, I would have to tip the hat to the E.motion + over the FLX, but not by much!

Awesome - I wish hiring out drysuits was a thing here, would love to try a little more before such a big investment!

I'm thinking that at this stage of my diving, flexibility is more important, but some of the reports of durability issues of the emotion (hard to tell if posters are talking about the e.motion or the e.motion+) worry me. Is the e.lite+ relatively flexible?

I purchased an E. Motion Drysuit in 2013, prior to the distrubtion rights migrating to Halcyon (in the USA). I've put several hundred dives on my E. Motion. I know several divers that purchased DUI FLX Extreme and TLS350 around the same time and have about the same number of dives. The DUI have fared better than my E. Motion. The material forms creases at the wrist and near the hips on the telescoping torse. It's to the point where I have applied aquaseal in those areas in fear that the material will fail and leak, which will eventually. The taped seams create stress areas on the outer material. You can clearly see the outline of the underlying tape beneath the outer material.

I had the Flex Boots installed in 2015 and had to replace them in 2018 as the sole wore out and the upper section developed tears from the ankle strap. The crotch wore out, which is made of the more reinforced material found the E. Lite. Had to replace that as well. While I did not detect any leaks from the TiZip zipper, the factory recommended its replacement as leaks (very minor I guess) were detected. Suit was always soaked in wetsuit shampoo, rinsed with fresh water and hung to dry in the same (my garage). The suit has various other patches on the interior seams and panels.

As far as fit, even though mine fits a bit tighter than I prefer, especially in the quads, I can dump the suit in a flash and it's beyond comfortable underwater. You simply don't notice the suit while diving. In terms of comfort I would rate it over the moon. In regards to durability, I am a little vexed. I believe the suit spent about 6-8 months at the factory between 2017-2018 for the repairs. I was far less pleased with that. Yes, it did require to go back to Poland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom