Small Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaseadee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where I can buy a backplate for a smaller (5’ 1”) person? The usual suspects (DGX, DRIS) seem to only carry one size.

Does anyone know where I can buy a backplate for a smaller (5’ 1”) person? The usual suspects (DGX, DRIS) seem to only carry one size.

Halcyon. It comes in steel, aluminum, or carbon fiber. $225 for steel/aluminum. Worth every freaking penny. Made a huge difference for me. I’m 5’5”.

ETA: it was $225 when I bought mine right before Christmas. Now $236. Choose the small size from the drop down menu.

Extreme Exposure

This pic shows the size difference.
5489724E-4551-41B8-B715-04F3F35F602A.jpeg

Halcyon. It comes in steel, aluminum, or kydex. $225 for steel/aluminum. Worth every freaking penny. Made a huge difference for me. I’m 5’5”.

ETA: it was $225 when I bought mine right before Christmas. Now $236. Choose the small size from the drop down menu.

Extreme Exposure

Just a friendly correction: not Kydex but carbon fiber.

Thanks for that. I was really hoping for a non-four-dollar-sign alternative, especially since it’s just a metal plate. If no one else pipes up with an alternative, I’ll have to bite the bullet for the Halcyon.

Thanks for that. I was really hoping for a non-four-dollar-sign alternative, especially since it’s just a metal plate. If no one else pipes up with an alternative, I’ll have to bite the bullet for the Halcyon.

Like I said, worth every penny. With standard plate, belt was at my hips and often felt like it was going to fall off. It’s at my waist now and so much better. I’m not fighting the plate.

And get the Halcyon webbing. Nice and soft and easy to deal with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom