How to? Make/Buy Double Regulator Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a couple people that clip their primary to the bungee around their neck with a bolt snap instead of their right shoulder d-ring, however it is not the same as a "double bungee" type of setup. I don't find it worthwhile, but they do.

Double bungees is going to be a pain to deal with.

When you are breathing from your short hose, if an out of air diver rips your regulator from your mouth, you are now in a compromised position. You need to swap the ooa diver onto the long hose before you both are in a good position.

I was trying to avoid getting into a compromised position.

If you're breathing from your short hose with your primary long hose clipped off you're already in "a compromised position."

I use that specific breakaway bungee for my long hose boltsnap. Do you use anything to keep it from sliding? I find that bungee breakaway tends to slide a lot throughout the dive.

I do not. I quit diving sidemount and only dive BM doubles now, for OC, so it hasn't been an issue for me. I generally position that bungee bit up the hose on or past the hose fitting. Basically, on top of the joint between the threaded fitting and the crimped-on (or however it's attached) fitting. I think that helps a little bit to keep it from sliding down the hose.

When you are breathing from your short hose, if an out of air diver rips your regulator from your mouth, switch yourself onto your longhose, calm them down, then switch regs with them.

If you're breathing from your short hose with your primary long hose clipped off you're already in "a compromised position."

This is diving with sidemount. 50% of the time you must breathe from your short hose unless I'm missing understanding your comment.

This is diving with sidemount. 50% of the time you must breathe from your short hose unless I'm missing understanding your comment.
I thought it was doubles.

I know a couple people that clip their primary to the bungee around their neck with a bolt snap instead of their right shoulder d-ring, however it is not the same as a "double bungee" type of setup. I don't find it worthwhile, but they do.

Double bungees is going to be a pain to deal with.

That's interesting, but at thay point id rather just clip to my right d-ring.

When I was talking about double regulator neck bungee, its a single bungee with two regulator loops. It actually seems to make sense if you have a left and right handed configures regs. But yea I'm just going to stick to the standard atm.

That's interesting, but at thay point id rather just clip to my right d-ring.

When I was talking about double regulator neck bungee, its a single bungee with two regulator loops. It actually seems to make sense if you have a left and right handed configures regs. But yea I'm just going to stick to the standard atm.

I understand what you're talking about. But it's going to be a pain. whichever one you have in your mouth means the other one is pulling down on the bungee and off to one side. When you switch, the same thing happens to the other side. Unless you're solo diving you still need to be able to donate.

Try tying one yourself and report back how you like it. Just leave one side of the fisherman's knot long enough to tie another one next to the first.

I understand what you're talking about. But it's going to be a pain. whichever one you have in your mouth means the other one is pulling down on the bungee and off to one side. When you switch, the same thing happens to the other side. Unless you're solo diving you still need to be able to donate.

Try tying one yourself and report back how you like it. Just leave one side of the fisherman's knot long enough to tie another one next to the first.

Even if you're solo diving, you should be prepared to donate a reg. The one time I had to give gas to a guy that was out of gas in a cave, he wasn't part of my dive team.

I guess a solo diver could say "well, you're not my buddy, you get to drown today" but I'm not that guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom