Old Poseidon x stream regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,
I want to upgrade the colour of my lp hose reg of the poseidon x stream. As its not a normal one, I have to buy an adaptor that fits the Xstream which I found.

Now as the original lp hose has an over pressure valve integrated in it, I know I have to buy an over pressure valve for my first stage reg (because its an old first stage which doesn't have the over pressure valve integrated).

My local tech shop asks me around USD 130.- for that but I can find it on this link for about 1/4 the price...
Is it the correct piece I have to buy ?
Poseidon Over Pressure Valve - Gidive Store

Cheers
E.

Hi Guys,
I want to upgrade the colour of my lp hose reg of the poseidon x stream. As its not a normal one, I have to buy an adaptor that fits the Xstream which I found.

Now as the original lp hose has an over pressure valve integrated in it, I know I have to buy an over pressure valve for my first stage reg (because its an old first stage which doesn't have the over pressure valve integrated).

My local tech shop asks me around USD 130.- for that but I can find it on this link for about 1/4 the price...
Is it the correct piece I have to buy ?
Poseidon Over Pressure Valve - Gidive Store

Cheers
E.

FD...
OPV.jpg
Poseidon Jetstream adapter.jpg

Dive Gear Express...OPV...user adjustable...$5.00
DGX...Poseidon Extreme/Jetstream hose adapter $14.00

DGX also has an OPV from Highland Millworks which is rebuildable...for $35.00...for a five dollar replacement why would you bother...keep a sealed spare in your tool kit...

DGX has everything you need for Poseidon regs at the best prices in the US...they've even started carrying Cyclon LP hoses which have a proprietary female nut fitting...in all the lengths...

Hope this helps...

Warren

also consider the omniswivel adapter. They have three for the Jetstream/Xstream that are a combo of the OPV and hose adapter. One is straight, the other has the ball swivel, and the third is a rigid 90* adapter. More expensive than the cheap adapter and separate OPV, but much nicer and the OPV tends not to look. I've never had luck with the port plug styles

Back
Top Bottom