I'm the happy owner of a new-to-me Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Running software version 56. The Shearwater website says 65 is the latest and greatest.

I've been <del>burned</del> educated by other software upgrades (in fairness not Shearwater) to make the leap without some background, does anyone have details on what changed between 56 and 65?

Well worth the update.
No issues with last 3 perdix I have updated

Running software version 56. The Shearwater website says 65 is the latest and greatest.

I've been <del>burned</del> educated by other software upgrades (in fairness not Shearwater) to make the leap without some background, does anyone have details on what changed between 56 and 65?

Reactions: Zef
No issues with last 3 perdix I have updated
Don't you use AI?
There's no AI info in the logs on the computer itself, they're in there somewhere because it shows up after they're downloaded. Shearwater know about it.

Get the Shearwater App for your phone - I had MUCH better luck with the bluetooth connection of my phone to update the Perdix vs my PC.

The BT in the phones seems to be much better quality and more powerful as it seems to push the updates faster (Iphone 8+).

I just set my phone next to the perdix while it updated and didnt move them around. I had it error out TWICE on my PC, even with the supplied BT dongle.

Phone has worked flawlessly every time.

Get the Shearwater App for your phone - I had MUCH better luck with the bluetooth connection of my phone to update the Perdix vs my PC.

The BT in the phones seems to be much better quality and more powerful as it seems to push the updates faster (Iphone 8+).

I just set my phone next to the perdix while it updated and didnt move them around. I had it error out TWICE on my PC, even with the supplied BT dongle.

Phone has worked flawlessly every time.

Yes, I always update via my iPhone, as well.

Also when you update - go to their website and read the update notes, they detail out the changes etc. They do an AMAZING job of it. Don't NOT update it!!!

Don't you use AI?
There's no AI info in the logs on the computer itself, they're in there somewhere because it shows up after they're downloaded. Shearwater know about it.

Confirmed... I wonder how hard it can be to fix that... Since February they are struggeling with this.

One might get the impression, Perdix users have become second class since the arrival of Teric :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom