Ugh American Airlines and Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just notified us that the flight schedules between Bonaire and Miami have now changed and there is no longer any way to fly back from Bonaire to Toronto in the same day without spending the night in Miami airport....so now we can either schlep a baotload of kids and equipment to an airport hotel for 7/8 hours or sleep on the floor in the airport....or cancel our flights for a refund and not be able to buy any alternative flights.....

you can no longer fly from bonaire to toronto in the same day....

We got similar notification for our July flights back from Roatan to Cleveland via DFW. The 7pm connecting flight was canceled and they put us on the 7am flight the next morning. This with 4 kids in-tow did not sit well with my wife and I to say the least! She tried Atlanta, no go, but we were able to do RTB to Miami to CLE in one day. Don't like that airport, have had too many issues even with a 3-5 hour layover, but it's still the better alternative!

it's utterly insane to me that there is now no way you can get back from Bonaire to Toronto in the same day... i can't believe that someone isn't going to step in and make them change the departure time of the American flight from bonaire back by 30 mins or more so everyone in transit to canada doesn't have to sleep in the airport....

I suspect this is about airlines contracting schedules due to the grounding of the max8.

For Toronto to Bonaire in the winter and spring, Sunwing flies non stop.

i'm just going to sit on it for the time being and see what happens...i suppose we may spend a couple of days in miami beach on the way back and it will make it easier to stomach the ridiculous layover...i'd rather frenchkiss a hobo than do 6 hour airport hotel turnaround with a boatload of kids and photography equipment.....

I suspect this is about airlines contracting schedules due to the grounding of the max8.

For Toronto to Bonaire in the winter and spring, Sunwing flies non stop.

Yeah, this is the last time i cave to being a 'responsible parent' and keeping my kids in school during termtime....

We're headed down on July 2nd and I keep half expecting an E mail or something from American that screws up our plans. The extra money to fly Delta seems like a better deal as time goes on.

You may be ok though, the issue I have is that I miss the last flight to Toronto...if yours is any later then you will likely be ok...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom