Raystown lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple friends went there last summer to recover a piece of jewelry someone the one guy worked with lost. Apparently it's cold, dark, and doesn't have great visibility, they didn't really recommend it for a return trip.

I had heard that there were houses intact very deep from when they first flooded the town, but no one I've spoken with has ever seen them.

:popcorn:

Looking to dive the powerhouse and Hawn's bridge. I saw somewhere that a mooring buoy is attached to one or both of these but is set to be some depth underwater. Does anyone know if this is true? Is anybody interested in doing this dive?

Folloing this thread as Id love to do the powerhouse dive. What depth is it at?

I've been told the roof of the powerhouse is between 120' and 140' and that the base of the old dam is around 180'. It'll for sure be cold, dark and probably dismal. Hawn's Bridge should be something similar as far as depths.

I've been told the roof of the powerhouse is between 120' and 140' and that the base of the old dam is around 180'. It'll for sure be cold, dark and probably dismal. Hawn's Bridge should be something similar as far as depths.

How cold? 35 degrees? Why would it be dismal? Collapsed structure with nothing to see or dismal because of conditions? If the vis is 10' I am willing to do the dive.

I would expect temps to be in the low to mid 40's but I have been below 100' in Raystown. Dismal because you never know what vis might be like. Most of the available videos look like about 5' or so. There is a lot of silty material in the water. As for darkness...below 40'' it is pitch black but sometimes more clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom