June 2019 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Member.......................Dates..............Staying with............Dive op
Carlos Danger.............5/18-6/6............Casa Mexicana.........Aldora
ccannon707.................5/18-6/15.........AirBnB Casita...........Maya Divers/Pepe Scuba
Horn34.........................5/24-6/2............AirBnB......................Aldora
nashwl..........................5/29-6/3............Sabor........................Living Underwater
TheDaveB....................6/1-6/8..............Casa Del Mar............Cozumel Marine World
Ashleigh_C +2.............6/2-6/9.............El Cozumeleno........Dive With Cristina
amoses.........................6/3-6/12............AirBnB......................Tres Pelicanos
Brules...........................6/7-6/15............Park Royal................Blue XT Sea
Charles2 + 11..............6/7-6/15............Occidental Grand....Pro Dive
Mouth Breather..........6/7-6-11............Casa Mexicana.........Aldora
Canadave.....................6/8-6/14............Aldora Villas.............Aldora Divers
Sh0rtBus......................6/9-6/15............Grand Serenis..........undecided
keepdivin.....................6/11-6/18..........Suites Bahia.............Tres Pelicanos
Sasha_RI + 1................6/12-6/21..........Residencias Reef.....Tres Pelicanos
mechanicalmehem.....6/13-6/21.........Sun Suites................Challenge Diving
wildbill9........................6/14-6/22.........Blue Angel................Blue XT Sea
JK Oregon & friends....6/17-7/1...........Occidental Grand.....Pro Dive
Scuba Mike1................6/21-6/28.........Cozumel Palace........Dive With Martin
MaxE.............................6/22-6/29.........Colonial Suites..........Tres Pelicanos
MrBigFins, son, wife...6/27-7/13..........Allegro.......................Prodive
tiger1974.....................6/28-7/2............Villablanca Hotel.......ScubaLuis

also posted in the May thread, but the end of May/start of June looks pretty hairy right now

windy-end-of-may.jpg

also posted in the May thread, but the end of May/start of June looks pretty hairy right now

View attachment 520984

ACtually - that looks wonderful!

NOt sure why you think it looks "hairy" - don't assume because you see some red on there it's bad. Now if that red was from the north, NW, west or SW I'd be watching it, but that gives me no concern - waves on the east side should be great for surfers though!

...waves on the east side should be great for surfers though!

Not so much. A strong onshore wind tends to generate a lot of chop and blows the tops off the waves before they can develop walls. Sunday before last when I was over there that wind was blowing; the waves were crashing on the rocks but it was all wind chop. I saw a couple of guys out there trying to ride it but they weren't having much luck; as a matter of fact I never saw either of them stand up for more than a second or two.

It might be great for kite surfing, though.

That wind was also lousy for diving the south end. Surface conditions and viz were pretty bad at Colombia Deep the one time we tried to go that far south.

Back
Top Bottom