Small Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon’s short plates are about $20 more than the standard ones.

Halcyon’s short plates are about $20 more than the standard ones.

Same price at Extreme Exposure at $236.25 for either size. The aluminum is cheaper at $215.25.

Thanks for that. I was really hoping for a non-four-dollar-sign alternative, especially since it’s just a metal plate. If no one else pipes up with an alternative, I’ll have to bite the bullet for the Halcyon.

Your only choices for a new plate is Halcyon, Oxycheq, and the Freedom Plate. The Oxycheq small backplate is $135 at Cave Adventurers. Granted it is more expensive than a generic imported backplate but it is not that much more than a Dive Rite.

Same price at Extreme Exposure at $236.25 for either size. The aluminum is cheaper at $215.25.

When I bought mine in Dec, there was a $20 difference.

It turns out that Oxycheq is out of their small plate. And it really wasn’t lost on me that the difference in price ($170 on the Oxycheq site) was only $50. All of that said, Eric tells me he has a couple of his small stainless plates. When I started this thread I didn’t think this was even an option. I’d much rather send my dough to Eric than anyone else. Plus I know how good his stuff is first hand. Thanks for everyone’s input.

It turns out that Oxycheq is out of their small plate. And it really wasn’t lost on me that the difference in price ($170 on the Oxycheq site) was only $50. All of that said, Eric tells me he has a couple of his small stainless plates. When I started this thread I didn’t think this was even an option. I’d much rather send my dough to Eric than anyone else. Plus I know how good his stuff is first hand. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Are you wanting to dive only single tank? Does the Freedom Plate work for doubles?

It's for my niece. she's 14 and just now has her Junior Open Water and lives on a Caribbean island. No real interest in doubles for her.

Have you considered a soft plate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom