Diver missing at Lake Pleasant, Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope the family is willing to release info when they're ready. I wasn't friends with Josh but we share a mutual friend or two. Who was he diving with? I haven't seen any other names.

According to the news reports it was a team of 3. Whether that meant an actual team, or 3 guys solo diving I don’t know.

I could ask some people who know him personally, but it’s still pretty fresh for them. Maybe I’ll send them a message after his memorial dive on the Yukon at the end of the month.

Entirely possible. This is the information that would be beneficial to know. It’s all hearsay at this point. I’m not gonna bug people that are in the middle of it right now, but it would be good for analysis to know the facts instead of the speculation.

We have more questions than answers at this point. As with any diving accident there will be a lot we can learn from this incident. I dove with Josh many times and was proud to call him a friend. He was a competent diver and was diving within his certification and experience level. Knowing Josh he would want the information from his accident released once all is known so we as a dive community can learn from it and hopefully keep accidents like this from happening in the future.

To address some of the questions above he was diving with a buddy. The media reported it was a group of three. One of the divers had an equipment issue so a buddy team of two splashed. The third diver eventually resolved his equipment issue and splashed after the buddy team started their dive. Josh was a member of the buddy team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom