New Aqualung Flagship Full Color Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computer lock outs. Unless you're engaged in multigas deco it's a non issue.

A computer will only lock you out if you've blown through your deco. If you're just on back gas and have gone into deco without the gas (or time) to honour the obligation - well it's your own fault.

A computer will lock you out out if it thinks you've blown through your deco. I expect user error accounts for more lock outs than actual omitted deco. Certainly no fun for a user on an expensive multi-day trip.

This week on ebay i read 5 post for sale for the i750TC, selling because will update.is really so bad?
Yes.
It is that bad.
STAY away!

A computer will lock you out out if it thinks you've blown through your deco. I expect user error accounts for more lock outs than actual omitted deco. Certainly no fun for a user on an expensive multi-day trip.

User errors will be negligently going into deco, not understanding what their computer is telling them and getting out of the water as though its just NDL

So, these "unfortunate" users could:

1. RTFM
2 Dive with their limits or experience.
3. put down $1000 on a high end computer as "An equipment solution to a skills problem"

You'll note I have no sympathy for computer lock outs caused by "accidental deco"

You'll note I have no sympathy for computer lock outs caused by "accidental deco"

Is that sternness really properly targeted?

If somebody does that, is it because they willfully ignored their training? Because they forgot their training? Or is it because they had poor/inadequate training and a lack of empathy would be kind of like having no sympathy for a toddler who puts their hand onto a hot stove burner? I.e. you can't blame them because they really didn't know any better?

Really, in any given case, I imagine it could be any of the above.

From what I have seen, my limited experience suggests that it is most often a combo of distant, foggy memories of their training combined with not knowing any better, piled on top of an industry that really does almost everything it can to encourage people to rely on a Pro when they dive, instead of being self-sufficient - an industry with many Pros that maybe really should not be "pros".

If somebody does that, is it because they willfully ignored their training? Because they forgot their training? Or is it because they had poor/inadequate training and a lack of empathy would be kind of like having no sympathy for a toddler who puts their hand onto a hot stove burner? I.e. you can't blame them because they really didn't know any better

Unlike a toddler, Adult Scuba divers should know better and should accept personal responsibility.

If you're going to strap on scuba gear then there are some basics you need to understand and remember. If unsure ask or refresh.

But still people strap on a computer with no knowledge of what the numbers mean. Or go on vacations but are too cheap to book a refresher

So if they get forced to sit on the bench for 48 hrs - whose fault is that?

On december 16 i dove with a friend on the San Diego California wreck's, on the dive review he open her laptop and show me our trip, i don't look her computer model, but after that i start to look for a computer able to connect to the divelog to view mi dive profile and with good night diving visibility on the screen, last week on ebay i found the listing for a i750tc, with low bat for 120 dlls ( left in a dive boat ), i buy it, and start to look for the owners manual and reviews, ( ye i start from the end ) any other computer with this options is on the 300 dlls range, yesterday i found this post and after look more than 10 listings on ebay with the note - selling to upgrade, NOW I KNOW WHY. thank's

Hey, I don't think you can complain for $120...

I.e. you can't blame them because they really didn't know any better?

Darwin does and the legal systems everywhere do as well. They even have a Latin name for it: ignorantia juris. Ignorance is not an excuse, merely an explanation.

Darwin does and the legal systems everywhere do as well. They even have a Latin name for it: ignorantia juris. Ignorance is not an excuse, merely an explanation.

Really? I thought it was quite normal for legal systems to blame an instructor. Particularly if the instruction received was not up to par...

Back
Top Bottom