Philly Diver with a wreck addiction...who wants to dive?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CharlieDontDive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In October 2018 I returned to PA after living in SoCal for 6 years. I've done a ton of diving in the Pacific to include wrecks. I also have significant wreck dive experience in the Red Sea. So now that I'm finally home, I want to tackle the Atlantic wrecks, particularly NY and NJ. Bonus for anything war-related.

What I'm looking for is a group of guys/gals who are interested in diving these wrecks this season. I am particularly interested int the USS San Diego and ships like the Tolten which fell to German u-boats. (I am also separately putting together a North Carolina wreck dive trip with some friends.) I'm sill doing single-tank no deco dives so it would be great to have some more single tankers as well.

So who's in?

In October 2018 I returned to PA after living in SoCal for many years. I've done a ton of diving in the Pacific to include wrecks. I also have significant wreck dive experience in the Red Sea. So now that I'm finally home, I want to tackle the Atlantic wrecks, particularly NY and NJ. Bonus for anything war-related.

What I'm looking for is a group of guys/gals who are interested in diving these wrecks this season. I am particularly interested int the USS San Diego and ships like the Tolten which fell to German u-boats. (I am also separately putting together a North Carolina wreck dive trip with some friends.) I'm sill doing single-tank no deco dives so it would be great to have some more single tankers as well.

So....who's in?

I’m in NY but always looking for new diving buddies. I work a wacky schedule so rarely have weekends off unfortunately

I responded to your post about the U352. We do a lot of Jersey wreck diving. We have a dive club that meets the second Tuesday evening of each month if you are looking to meet other dive buddies. It's free!

I responded to your post about the U352. We do a lot of Jersey wreck diving. We have a dive club that meets the second Tuesday evening of each month if you are looking to meet other dive buddies. It's free!

Thanks! Any more info on these meetings?

Second Tuesday of every month at our dive center Scubadelphia. It is free. We have guest speakers, pizza and refreshments. Open to everyone. We also charter the Gypsy Blood in Point Pleasant, NJ for a bunch of diving. Our first trip is June 8th. We have the boat July 4-5-6 too for our annual wreck fest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom