Cozumel shortage of Lionfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were all over the reefs in Thailand. Small, medium and very large. They made no attempts to hide, like they do in Cozumel. You lose count of them on almost every dive.

Some other species there, other than humans, knows they are delicious. I will eat them any chance I can get.

They were all over the reefs in Thailand. Small, medium and very large. They made no attempts to hide, like they do in Cozumel. You lose count of them on almost every dive.
Where / when was this? I've seen them in Thailand but only rarely.

End of January 2018. Ill have to check my log books. Outside or Richelieu Rock, I dont remember the names of the places we went.

There more than enough that I lost interest in seeing/looking for them on the second day of the trip.

End of January 2018. Ill have to check my log books. Outside or Richelieu Rock, I dont remember the names of the places we went.

There more than enough that I lost interest in seeing/looking for them on the second day of the trip.

No pointy stick or spear gun? Should have ate em

A friend who dives with Victor Brito told me he sometimes takes his group to the cruise ship piers on Sunday when they are empty. There were plenty of lion fish around there at the time.. I saw her pictures... kind of spooky those big giant columns in the sea light.

Maybe they taste good?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Maybe they taste good?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Turtles taste great too. They on the menu when you go diving?

Turtles taste great too. They on the menu when you go diving?
You are of course being facetious; I get it, but lionfish are an invasive species in the Caribbean while turtles are indigenous.

FWIW, when I first started going to Cozumel, turtle was on the menu in many restaurants. It was muy delicioso.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom