Olympus housing -can't remove locking ring on EP08 port!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have now hit this problem myself. The EP08(OMD EM5 mk1) has a locking ring and has always been easy to remove to grease/clean. Now the red ring starts but wont go to the realease spot and jams hard about 20mm 3/4" short of locking position.
Managed to get the port off but cannot reattach it and getting concerned about damaging it.
Is there anything you can do to clean/lubricate this locking ring?
I have run it back and forth a lot but no improvement, must be something blocking it up!

With a lot of force and some luck I got the port back in. It is not generally stuck but seems to stick on one side only.
I am wondering if it has warped. Wish I had left it on and not bothered greasing the o'ring, I am now worried about it leaking!

Well surprise sureprise, I got a minor leak at the end of the 6th days diving. Luckily the camera is fine cleaned it checked it took off the port and cleaned and reset. Tested it all OK then last day in 5m a small leak again.
I don't think the housing is worth service so I might buy another one and keep using my EM5.
Only used the 30mm macro on 2 dives as the dive guide was finding some VERY SMALL stuff. Still a great lens and so much easier than the 60mm to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom