Santi did it again....New Elite Plus Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Ursuit model do you have? In my local group of buddies we have had a couple folks with E-Motions who found them not very durable (pinholes!), but we've had mostly good luck with E-Lites. Some have now bought Ursuits (Endurance). I'm curious how they will compare and hold up.

I don't know anyone with an E-Motion + or an E-Lite +.

Every drysuit leaks sooner or later.

The good ones leak later.
Yes they do, the strong ones however take longer to leak. My Santi E.Lite is leaking too, but it took somewhat longer than the E. motions I know of. The E.Motion is a great suit, but vulnerable.

I bought the toughest one, the Cordura FZ, so indeed a comparison to the E-motion would not be fair. No leaks nor wear and tear in 100 dives, but the material of course is stiffer.
I also regret not paying the extra to have it custom tailored. Just a tad too large. Other than that, I like it. I dive harsh conditions: shore diving with almost no viz, pretty bad current sometimes, lots of razor like oysters, rocks,...

E-motion was a wrong advice from my local shop. I should have known. But when the zipper started leaking and they told me no warranty, that's why I change brands mostly.

Ursuit Softdura seems to be durable and reasonably flexible. When they have issues, it is mostly due to seam tape, not the laminate material. Ursuit changed their cut a couple of years ago and the current cut fits very nicely (on northern european males in cold water undersuits at least). Previously Ursuits were more baggy.

I have a Deep6 Makara which is a rebranded Ursuit. I must have 50-ish dives on it and it seems to be holding quite well.DRIS sells that suit too, the original version and it is considered right up there among the top suits.

Previously Ursuits were more baggy.

Indeed, this one is not baggy at all. With my full undergarment, it is perfect (Santi BZ400, heated vest and some thermo underwear). In summer, I have a little bit more room ;-)

I think drysuits even from great manufacturers are hit and miss. I know a guy who owns a Santi but switched to ursuit as backup and said the ursuit was good for when Santi was in Poland for 3 months

For anyone who has used Ursuit and Santi which do you prefer and how do they compare?

For anyone who has used Ursuit and Santi which do you prefer and how do they compare?

Well, I own a Santi but have dived Ursuit loaners and I have lots of buddies who have Ursuits.
Ursuit current cut is very good, it accommodates cold water undergarments well while still retains a sort of cave cut style fit. Santi is nice too, differences are small and everything depends on your personal measurements. Santi sizing seems to be more troublesome for tall people. Ursuits seem easier to fit for taller/larger males (caucasian, nordic).
Both are usually high quality. Both have many examples of quality problems. Underwater, when not leaking, both are great if you are able to find the correct size. Ordering mtm doesn't guarantee a perfect fit. I know several examples of both Ursuit and Santi MTMs that haven't been good.
For a new Ursuit I'd choose the Softdura, my next Santi would be E-lite+ (wrecks and mines/caves).
The most important issue when choosing between them should be your local support. I would pick the one with better access to service center approved to do warranty repairs and possible modifications and has a reasonable turnaround time. Btw living close to Ursuit factory does not guarantee the latter.

Thanks for all the feedback :) It looks like the majority of comments are referring to the e.motion, not the e.motion+? Does it seem that the e.motion+ suffers from the same durability issues as its predecessor?

And does anyone have any experience in the e.motion+ compared to the e.lite+? I'm particularly interested to know if the e.lite+ has a similar range of flexibility as the e.motion+. I have been able to try on the e.motion+ and liked it, but am unable to get a hold of an e.lite+ to try on.

Back
Top Bottom