Join NY Seagypsies club as we return to a Wreck Trip to the 1000 Islands in Labor day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RHormigo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybody, I have been diving for quite a while with the Sea Gypsies diving club in the NY area. We organize outs all the time to local wrecks, and other events. Now we are organizing a trip to go back to 1000 Islands in the border with Canada. 4.5 days, 9 wrecks two tanks each during the loong labor day weekend at the end of August. We have only a few spots left that I need to confirm asap, please let me know if you would have any interest... These are the highlights:

-Driving up afternoon Wednesday August 28th, diving Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning, returning home on Monday afternoon, September 2nd.

-Beautiful region of 1000 Islands, along the St. Lawrence river, which is the border between New York State and Canada and historic shipping lane with hundreds of shipwrecks.

-During our trip, we expect water temperatures in the low 70s, top to bottom with no thermocline! A 5 mm wetsuit is adequate for many divers.

-9 wrecks including US and Canadian sides, see details in the link below. Enough time over each wreck to let recreational single tank divers do two dives, while allowing technical or CCR divers to do a longer dive

-Cost of diving: $600 US. This includes tax, but not crew tips, gear rental or gas fills. Hotel (triple occupancy, including tax): $270. Transportation from NYC: Group van rental an option (approximately $150/person).

To reserve your spot, we need payment for the diving ($600 USD). Housing and transportation costs can be paid at a later date.

Please see more detail about our trip and club contact info at:
Thousand Islands 2019

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom