He was the first Marine to Die in Iraq from our small town...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
He was the first Marine to die in Iraq from our small town of Downers Grove Illinois. His story here.... is awe inspiring on CNN/HLN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odtsaLvvrec After bringing together Diveheart Veterans with Disabilities and Gold Star Families....I was inspired to write ....
."The Charge of the Light Brigade"
Fatigue sets in…. a race is run…a well earned rest for some has come….
Yet, Just as tension starts to fade a call from brothers….need of aid… comes faintly through the waves of sound….. young warrior bootstraps touch the ground …..preparing for another round …. and the charge of the light brigade….
To my side, the Sergeant calls….the bunks all empty….through the halls the sound of young men rush to save… their brothers caught up in the wave… of darkness…flashes in the night. The brave young warriors form to fight…..the column fades from base camp light….so the charge of the light brigade.
Fathers sons and brothers too lay down their lives so freedom true rings through the stars and stripes for you ….at the charge of the light brigade.
The muskets flash and humvies roll ….. we know not what will be the toll …..but courage sends us none the less into the jaws of unknown fate….. and years from now ours sons will see …..their father’s mark on destiny… at the charge of the light brigade.
The save is made, the cost is high…..but to my brothers….. Semper Fi
Remember it was you and I at the charge of the light brigade
And years from now… a tale be told… of young & brave & strong & bold …..of courage unleashed from the best….who rise to meet those who would test…..our still unwavering right to be….. the light for those who would be free…..salute her then and think of me at the charge of the light brigade.
So bring your children round the fire and fill their hearts with joy….let stories ring and voices sing as their eyes grow wide with wonder…. And keep alive our memory and don’t forget our names….and know we stood for what is best in all that life can give….and every day do not forget to love & let and live
Know as we rest we gave our best at the charge of the light brigade
Semper Fi just you and I at the charge of the light brigade
March 21, 2012 By Jim Elliott, Founder & President of Diveheart
#semperfi #marines #scubatherapy #rehabilitiation #disabliedveterans#disabilities #veteransrehab #memorialday
.php?d=AQAUnZ9FqvgpGo8Z&w=147&h=147&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FodtsaLvvrec%2Fhqdefault.jpg

10155497_10152330597526280_5667951092311636245_n.jpg

$0 raised for Diveheart
Be the first to donate!
Donate

Sorry to hear that.
Could the mods please correct the title of the thread, as it is somewhat misleading.
Again-and more importantly, sorry for the loss.

Sorry to hear that.
Could the mods please correct the title of the thread, as it is somewhat misleading.
Again-and more importantly, sorry for the loss.
thanks so much....we'll change it right away

Back
Top Bottom