Suggestion CAPS LOCK - please turn it off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Storker

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
Back in the Bronze age, when the Internet was young and the cool kids used Usenet for discussions, typing in ALL CAPS MEANT THAT YOU WERE SHOUTING.

Some of us old fogeys still think that typing in ALL CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING. So, if y'all who think about typing your thread title in all caps COULD BE SO NICE AS TO RECONSIDER THAT AND REFRAIN FROM HITTING CAPS LOCK, WE'D BE REALLY, REALLY GRATEFUL. Because typing with caps lock on is really, really annoying to us.

Thank you - sorry - THANK YOU!!! in advance.

And I'd advise you not to get me started on using Capitalization Of Every Word In A Sentence...

Back in the Bronze age, when the Internet was young and the cool kids used Usenet for discussions, typing in ALL CAPS MEANT THAT YOU WERE SHOUTING.

Some of us old fogeys still think that typing in ALL CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING. So, if y'all who think about typing your thread title in all caps COULD BE SO NICE AS TO RECONSIDER THAT AND REFRAIN FROM HITTING CAPS LOCK, WE'D BE REALLY, REALLY GRATEFUL. Because typing with caps lock on is really, really annoying to us.

Thank you - sorry - THANK YOU!!! in advance.

And I'd advise you not to get me started on using Capitalization Of Every Word In A Sentence...
iS tHIS bETTER?

ok let's make ee cummings proud.

and give no thought to visually impaired or simple newbie users who happen to use capslock, or are connecting via a telex terminal. which only had caps.

This thread is kind of a waste of electrons....

This thread is kind of a waste of electrons....

And ... out of morbid curiosity, all I can think about now is to wonder how many electrons are attached to this thread.

(Though, for what it's worth, it's very important to type in standard form. No ee cummings, no all caps, no camel caps. Just standard type. It has to do with the way our eyes consume the characters. It's more difficult to process type in non-standard form.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom