Important For All Divers To Remain Young At Heart----Not To End Up Salty, Grouchy, And "Bent"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Be cheerful. Reach out to the younger generations. Be patient with "newbies." Remembering that the goal with each dive trip, whether at a local beach or thousands of miles away, is a pleasurable, hassle-free, trouble-free dive experience with many new learnings for all involved. New people need to be reminded: You don't get into scuba diving in order to get in shape; you get into it when you are already in good shape. Hopefully prepared by daily practice in large swimming pools with weight belt, fins, mask and snorkel. I used to swim my daily mile at our local YMCA's until policy changes later prohibited swimming with this equipment or holding classes at their facilities. (The big legal liability SCARE ---- policy changes motivated by fears rather than by facts) Students also need to be forewarned: they need to purchase top quality name brand belt buckles so that weight belts are not lost during dives or practice----that's one of the most common problems, one which undoubtedly motivates pool facilities to restrict or prohibit scuba diving people from pool practice. I am attaching here a photo and caption to help inspire...... (LOL)

Attachments

• POPEYE AND RENSHAW.jpg
    POPEYE AND RENSHAW.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 211
F8DD2C0A-4C9C-41B4-8DF4-4E03E19A7070.jpeg Great advice about not being a GOM.

Good weight belts are getting tough to find.

Grumpy Old Man (men)

@Doc

As you know I am not one of the chosen frozen few of Chicago...
Just a slow walking slow talking , slow thinking, Kalifornian
So what is a "GOM?"
Gulf of Mexico? Good diving in spots.

Gemeenschappelijk Overleg Medefinanciering

(Ich bien Googleschmart)

Gulf of Mexico? Good diving in spots.

Last time I asked you, I believe you diverted me to some quarry in Ohio. Worked out well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom