Oceanic Geo 4.0 & Aqualung i200c almost the same? (also consideration VEO 4 and Cosmiq+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liam.dou

New
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I noticed that a lot of my Google searches on dive computer info and discussion leads me here, so I figured I'd sign up here! Pardon the semi-long discourse here.

So I'm just getting my first dive computer, and seeing as how the more entry levels are around 250, and I can just pay a little more ($100-150) for some additional features and convenience (bluetooth and more buttons), I figured I didn't mind paying around $350-$400 for a tiny little bit more advanced computer for my future growth. After comparing 11 of em in a spreadsheet with about 27 different criteria and scanning through all the manuals I finally narrowed it down to 4 - the Oceanic Geo 4.0, Veo 4.0, Aqualung i200c (which seems better than i300c actually) and the Cosmiq+. I eliminated the Veo 4.0 for only have 2 buttons, and I'm left with the other three (Cosmiq+ stayed due to attractive screen).

I was reading over the i200c manual and I was realizing that I had seen similar content in another dive cmoputer, and then after comparing the manuals for Geo 4 and i200c I realized they're almost identical?? Is that right? At least looking at the manual it seems to be the case. The table of content's the same, even the order's the same, which suggests also near identical features. The only thing I can distinguish that are different are the price - $30 diff, algorithm - Geo 4 allows DSAT and PZ+, while i200c is PZ+ only, and that for some reason Geo 4 allows 2 different nitrox mixes and i200c allows 3. Cosmiq+ turns out to be too rudimentary for that price.

Can anybody enlightening or confirm or just share their opinion on the Geo 4 and i200c? And if for some reason they'd actually recommend the Veo 4 or Cosmiq+? I did read that Oceanic and Aqualung used to be own by the same company, but that was a while ago and they have since parted after one of 'em was sold off.

Both are made by Pelagic Pressure Systems, which Oceanic’s parent company AUP sold to Aqualung a few years ago before Huish bought up what was left of Oceanic.

Availability of DSAT on the Oceanic is the biggest difference.

Anyone have any experience on the Cosmiq+? Have the leaking issues been resolved?

Back
Top Bottom