Gear Review OrcaTorch 910V 5000 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great review! The colour rendition is really good. This seems to compare well to the Kraken and Fix Neo 5000 lm lights, but with higher CRI. Were you using one or two lights in the footage you shared at the end?

Great review! The colour rendition is really good. This seems to compare well to the Kraken and Fix Neo 5000 lm lights, but with higher CRI. Were you using one or two lights in the footage you shared at the end?

Like i said in review i am using primarily as a fill light directly in front while and the wide angle is covered By Jaunt G18 Plus 18000's lumen lights. If i am close enough i only need that one light in front, if im really wide and further away i don't use as I'm not close enough to my subject anyway. These are very bright though if you had two they throw plenty of light. The colour matches very well to my other light. I'm using the GH5 and i just switch to the 5500 white balance setting and shoot. I'm really liking the colour I get.

It would be helpful to understand which of your shots, if any, were taken only with the OrcaTorch. If you were always using it in combination with the Jaunts, then the footage is not representative and the review may be misleading.

nice review@gear bow, how can contact you if inviting you to review diving product for us

It would be helpful to understand which of your shots, if any, were taken only with the OrcaTorch. If you were always using it in combination with the Jaunts, then the footage is not representative and the review may be misleading.

That's right sorry Mike but this review is not useful lights reviews are done with twins of the same model and as explained there is no concept of fill lights you get your arms closer otherwise you may as well fix them instead of having a ball system

In cozumel you may get away with it but anywhere else a light right on top of the lens pointed forward will result in backscatter

We decided to add OrcaTorch lights to our inventory a couple of months ago. They have a very nice build quality and great features; especially the magnetic induction charging, which some dive computer manufacturer's are using, but no other lights have it ASFIK. COB LED with very even illumination, and a beam angle of 120° and a 92 CRI are very good specs. The battery is only 3 cell, so it does not have a linear discharge, light level will go down from 5000 lumens as it runs. I would factor in a spare battery.

For the price, the OrcaTorch D910V is a great light and was a well-received sell out at the recent ScubaShow in LA. Due to 25% tariffs right now, I expect the US pricing to rise soon.

Jack

D910V-sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom