Looking for older Halcyon Halo faceplate to replace the uglier new design

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If looks are that important maybe you should go into fashion instead of diving.
Why anyone would care about the looks of their regulator at all is beyond me, only interesting thing is performance.
I'd dive a pink reg with a painted c*ck on it if that was the best choice on the market.
So, anyone tried it and can tell us if it's better or worse than the old model?

I do agree that the new models do not look good at all, but performance is a lot more important than looks.

There are a significant number of quality regulators out there so that ugly ones can be bypassed....

I do agree that the new models do not look good at all, but performance is a lot more important than looks.

That's what they said about the only car in MOMA. Oh wait, it had great performance and great looks...what's up with that...?

Why anyone would care about the looks of their regulator at all is beyond me, only interesting thing is performance.
I'd dive a pink reg with a painted c*ck on it if that was the best choice on the market.

Why even comment on this thread? I asked where I can find a spare part for my regulator and I asked if it would be compatible. You'll notice that I didn't ask for a smartass comment like yours. Bye.

So if you' were looking to buy a new product and found two, both with the exact same performance, specs and price but one was ugly and one not, which would you choose?

I too will go function over form if that's a choice that "must" be made, but if it's possible to have both, why not?

Regulators are a mature technology. Any improvements are more evolutionary than revolutionary. I am sure the performance between the new and old version are similar if not the same. Looking at the Aura (8-ball) it appears to me to be much easier to grip and open underwater than the old version which was just warmed over R-380 from the early 2000s.

The camera lens is probably distorting the image a little....or maybe a lot, depending on the lens.

The camera lens is probably distorting the image a little....or maybe a lot, depending on the lens.

Extreme Exposure shows a photo of the reg taken from the top. The cover seems much more rounded than what they did before, which was basically an R-380 cover.

I called Extreme exposure, they ordered the older style faceplate right away from Halcyon and they'll be shipping it to me asap. Easy peasy.

Form and Function, balance is restored.

What was the price of you don't mind me asking? Cheers.

Please post back letting us know if it's a straight swap.

Back
Top Bottom