Antarctica Diving Expedition Opportunity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AMK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I reserved a dive spot on an Antarctica vessel, but was hit pretty hard with taxes this year (and also had a baby) and lost a lot of the money that I had set up for the trip. I have a small deposit already, but probably won't be able to save up again by the time the remainder of the trip cost is due (September). As much as it saddens me to do this, I am looking for someone to buy my deposit off of me and take over the trip. This is a really amazing opportunity. The trip details are as follows:

Guide: Jeff Bozanic/Farhat Jah/Fracisca Jah
Dates: November 30th, 2019 to December 18th, 2019
Departure Point: Ushuaia, Argentina
Total Cost (not including airfare and cost of hotel in Argentina): $13,950
Deposit Already Made: $1,500
Remainder Due in September: $12,450
Spots Available: 1

Price includes expedition, dive tanks and weights, all guide fees, and all meals while onboard. You are required to be dry suit certified and have had at least 30 dry suit dives to dive. You will have opportunity to go on land as well.

Please contact me for additional information. Even though I won't be able to go, I am hoping someone else will have the fortune of taking over.

I reserved a dive spot on an Antarctica vessel, but was hit pretty hard with taxes this year (and also had a baby) and lost a lot of the money that I had set up for the trip. I have a small deposit already, but probably won't be able to save up again by the time the remainder of the trip cost is due (September). As much as it saddens me to do this, I am looking for someone to buy my deposit off of me and take over the trip. This is a really amazing opportunity. The trip details are as follows:

Guide: Jeff Bozanic/Farhat Jah/Fracisca Jah
Dates: November 30th, 2019 to December 18th, 2019
Departure Point: Ushuaia, Argentina
Total Cost (not including airfare and cost of hotel in Argentina): $13,950
Deposit Already Made: $1,500
Remainder Due in September: $12,450
Spots Available: 1

Price includes expedition, dive tanks and weights, all guide fees, and all meals while onboard. You are required to be dry suit certified and have had at least 30 dry suit dives to dive. You will have opportunity to go on land as well.

Please contact me for additional information. Even though I won't be able to go, I am hoping someone else will have the fortune of taking over.

Wow. I'm so sorry that you have to miss the trip though congratulations on your baby!

@AMK

I reserved a dive spot on an Antarctica vessel, but was hit pretty hard with taxes this year (and also had a baby)

Guide: Jeff Bozanic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join the crowd -- we were devastated by taxes ---
Enjoy your Baby -- They are indeed a gift from God!

I noted Jeff Bozanic is the guide ! You are certainly missing out - I first met Jeff so many years ago when he was a 16 year old student at Edison HS in SoCal. He was outstanding then and can have only improved with age.

20 or more years ago Jeff and my son Sam IV were doing expernmental mixed gas diving to 300 and 400 feet off the California coast. I was never concerned ..

Jeff is one of the greatest -- hopefully you can make the trip nest year

Sam Miller, 111

For anyone thinking of it, I know the other guides Raf and Cisca Jah very well, they're coming over to Dubai to coming diving with us in a week

It's going to be a fab trip, I know a few peeps who are going. Far, far too cold for my tastes though

Who and what are they ?

The Who: Raf and Cissa, the what = Human beings

Seriously Raf and Cis ran a boutique Dive centre and guest house in Pemba, Tanzania for about 15 years until they got bored of Government corruption They've made many overland expeditions across the African continent.

They now run a small boutique travel business catering to individuals and small groups putting together trips and small expeditions/safaris to match what their clients want (ass opposed to offering standard trips).

They run an annual trip to St Helena in the South Atlantic for diving which appears to be amazing, Next year they've taken a Boat in Truk lagoon etc. They're running a trip in my neck of the woods to the Musandam for a few experienced divers.

They're not High end high price trips (relatively speaking) but they are good, they know what they're doing and have always been on the ground testing locations first before their guests make a trip

My schedule hasn't' allowed me to make one of their trips yet, but they make the trip from England to Dubai for a long weekend diving about 3 times a year, because where we dive is off the beaten track and very few people get to dive it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone

@AMK

I reserved a dive spot on an Antarctica vessel, but was hit pretty hard with taxes this year (and also had a baby)

Guide: Jeff Bozanic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join the crowd -- we were devastated by taxes ---
Enjoy your Baby -- They are indeed a gift from God!

I noted Jeff Bozanic is the guide ! You are certainly missing out - I first met Jeff so many years ago when he was a 16 year old student at Edison HS in SoCal. He was outstanding then and can have only improved with age.

20 or more years ago Jeff and my son Sam IV were doing expernmental mixed gas diving to 300 and 400 feet off the California coast. I was never concerned ..

Jeff is one of the greatest -- hopefully you can make the trip nest year

Sam Miller, 111

Would love to, but I don't believe there is one scheduled for next year. I think the last time they did this was in 2012.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom