Recent visit to Cabo San Lucas/Revillagigedos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdd: I'll be on the N Explorer departing June 9. Let us know how things go. Have fun!

Thanks @CZS I leave tomorrow for Cabo, to spend a couple of days before boarding the Nautilus Explorer

We were on the Explorer as well, absolutely fantastic crew!

Hi @scrane

I just finished my week on the Nautilus Explorer, cruising back to Cabo San Lucas. It was a terrific week, 19 dives, Silky Sharks, Galapagos Sharks, Silvertip Sharks, White-Tipped Reef Sharks, Hammerheads (not huge schools), a few dolphins, very large schools of many varieties of fish, Pacific reef fish, and Mantas, Mantas, Mantas.

The average and most common water temp was 73 degrees (72-75). Visibility varied quite a bit, often around 70-80 feet, but as low as 20-30 feet on occasion and sometimes a bit better. I dived my full 7 mm and a 5/3 hooded vest. I was one of the few divers who was not cold, of course, your cold tolerance may be different. Average max depth was a little over 90 feet (67-108), avg depth about 60 feet (46-68), and avg dive time 51 minutes (40-59), often dictated by NDL and/or gas. Tank fills were good, average 3050 psi (2978-3156). Nitrox ran 32%, a couple of 31s.

The best dives were 3 off San Benedicto at the Canyon, many different sharks and a few mantas, the 4th dive at Roca Partida 1st three ordinary, last extraordinary with sharks, huge schools, Yellowfin Tuna, and all 4 dives at San Benedicto, the Boiler, more mantas than you could count just dazzling

You will have a different crew than the one I had. Have a great trip and let us know how it went

Good diving, Craig

Hi @scrane

I just finished my week on the Nautilus Explorer, cruising back to Cabo San Lucas. It was a terrific week, 19 dives, Silky Sharks, Galapagos Sharks, Silvertip Sharks, White-Tipped Reef Sharks, Hammerheads (not huge schools), a few dolphins, very large schools of many varieties of fish, Pacific reef fish, and Mantas, Mantas, Mantas.

The average and most common water temp was 73 degrees (72-75). Visibility varied quite a bit, often around 70-80 feet, but as low as 20-30 feet on occasion and sometimes a bit better. I dived my full 7 mm and a 5/3 hooded vest. I was one of the few divers who was not cold, of course, your cold tolerance may be different. Average max depth was a little over 90 feet (67-108), avg depth about 60 feet (46-68), and avg dive time 51 minutes (40-59), often dictated by NDL and/or gas. Tank fills were good, average 3050 psi (2978-3156). Nitrox ran 32%, a couple of 31s.

The best dives were 3 off San Benedicto at the Canyon, many different sharks and a few mantas, the 4th dive at Roca Partida 1st three ordinary, last extraordinary with sharks, huge schools, Yellowfin Tuna, and all 4 dives at San Benedicto, the Boiler, more mantas than you could count just dazzling

You will have a different crew than the one I had. Have a great trip and let us know how it went

Good diving, Craig
Sounds like an awesome trip. Did you have Graeme as your boat captain? I’ve dived with him a few liveaboard trips in Channel Islands when he was a Captain for Truth Aquatics.

Craig,
Thanks for the report. I think I'll throw in my shorty wetsuit for added insulation.
What GF did you end up diving with?
Isn't it a shame how quickly these dive trips go. One minute you're doing your first dive and feeling pretty smug, and then all of a sudden you're saying your good-byes.
Sandy.

@scrane

Hi Sandy,

I'm diving my 10 year old VT3 and a brand new Teric off the same transmitter. I dived a GF high of 95 and the NDLs matched quite well. The Oceanic would be a bit more liberal on the 1st dive and then they would even out. The Shearwater would occasionally be slighty more liberal.

Have a great trip,

Craig

Back
Top Bottom