Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm an Aqualung and Apex guy

I have 4 Legend supremes and 5 Apex XTX 50 - Don't ask!

Apex/ AL both the same.

One set of my ATA 50s is on my teaching, another on my SM. I have mine tuned "on the edge" - look at them and they will freeflow - my preference. I do use my adjustment if working hard in current where I increase teh resistance, and of course on my SM when the reg isn't in use

I know how well they breath, because when I teach each airshare and use a students Alt, its like sucking jelly (jello) through a straw in comparison)

My gear doesn't get abused but it is worked hard. it may get nothing more than a quick dip or look at a hose for a week or more if I'm diving daily. I like having the turret on my back mount regs - obv on SM you need it. I have 5th port on all my Apex 1st stages

We don't have parts for life, so I only service my regs when they need it. Every 2 years 250 ish dives.

For AI - yes I have it, I chose also to have a conventional SPG on all my regs. Personal choice. For SM I don't bother with AI as the spg's are right in front of your face anyway. There are only 3 computers that can display 2 gases at the same time (for SM) The Ratio and Perdix and Teric. never seen a Ratio, and I don't' like my Perdix enough to invest in 2 transmitters for it. Personal choice

For travelling abroad you can guarantee you'll find an AL/Apex repair center

I am still using my first Apeks TX50/DS4 purchased back in 1998 fro rec and tec dives.
BTW, DS4 has only one HP port while DST/FSR/FST has two. No idea about their latest models.

Not possible. 300g is a lot to save on the 1st stage. Going from a brass model to the identical full titanium model will save about 200g. Going from one model to another when both are made with brass, weight different is like 50g if not smaller.

Just read the spec for F8 on the Zeagle website. Dry weight is 2.6lb for 1st + 2nd + 30" flex hose. For reference, mk25+G250V is 867g or 1.9lb. atomic M1 1st + 2nd is 850g or 1.87lb. Add ththe 30" flex hose, they are all in the range order of weight. If anything, F8 maybe even a tad heavier.

What I want to say is, don't chose your reg based on what manufacture claimed weight/size advantages. It is meaningless in real world

Why are you getting all worked up of posts that are almost a year old? That guy hasn't logged in since last October.

I'm an Aqualung and Apex guy
I have 4 Legend supremes and 5 Apex XTX 50 - Don't ask!

Whats an Apex? I never heard of it. Is it a Chinese knock-off of Apeks?

Whats an Apex? I never heard of it. Is it a Chinese knock-off of Apeks?

Sounds more like a zealous spell check. Mine wants to change it to Apes, sometimes I forget to spell check the spell check myself.

Bob

Sounds more like a zealous spell check. Mine wants to change it to Apes, sometimes I forget to spell check the spell check myself.

Bob

Are you sure Bob? I think he goes to Sunbucks.

from-seattle-to-shanghai-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces.jpg

And uses Binbows

funny-name-brand-imitation-13__605.jpg

and brushes with Crust

CRUST-toothpaste.jpg

:)

I'm diving Apeks XT50 couldn't be happier.

Superb quality with Apeks (well earned) great reputation.

I recently had an opportunity to try an F8 and an xtx50 back to back dives and also a Scubapro mk17 with c370 second. I honestly preferred the Zeagle F8 as it was the most natural breather and did not free flow even with little cracking pressure. Second stage was also the most comfortable in my mouth. Scubapro was second but almost too eager giving air and the apex seemed like the heaviest in my mouth and breathed good but a bit more cracking pressure than the other two. Subjective and not intended to put down either of the other two great regs. I just preferred the Zeagle F8

Must say I too am pretty impressed with the F8. After my first dive with it I pulled it apart to see what's what. A very simple reg to service. For sh.ts and giggles I swapped out the seat with a SP one (cheaper and easier to get) it tuned up fine, took it out the other day and performed perfectly, checked cracking effort, it hasn't budged at all. I'll dive it a bit more to see if using a SP long term is all ok, but initial results look promising. Oh, and looks badass all black. IME it breathed better than the M1s I had, easier to tune too.

Back
Top Bottom