Howdy from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DragonClaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I'm originally here looking for technical advice for my writing. But, now that I'm here, I kind of want to get certified and such.

I have SCUBA dived before, I think? It's a fuzzy memory in a pool on the keys. Anyway...

My dad made it to Dive Master. But, I never learned even how to fully swim.

I'm actually really scared of water, having almost drowned a few times. But, I hope to conquer that fear and learn how to swim. Then SCUBA.

I'm a falconer, hunter, fisher, EMT student, artist, photographer, gamer, and on and on. I have a lot of interests and I'm looking forward to poking around this place.

So, hello.

Welcome. You will find lots of good info. You will get plenty of recommendations on a local dive shop (LDS) or instructor if we know where in Texas you are. I am in the DFW area and you don’t really need to be a great/good swimmer to scuba dive, just don’t hold your breath and you will get there.

Being thrown into a pool without any training must have been like being kicked out of a plane and thrown a bundle with a handle.

If you are interested in diving, go back to square 1, and find a dive shop close to you and inquire.

Welcome!

Welcome. Yes to the swimming. Maybe lessons. Proper form. Not needed for scuba but as a life skill for doing anything in or around water close to or over your head.
Snorkeling was a big asset for me. Helps with some of the "airway" skills on scuba.
My only diving in TX was an oil rig and shore dive in South Padre Island. The rig dive was great, shore not so much.
Good luck.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...as said above take your swimming lessons...you'll need to be comfortable in the water.

Back
Top Bottom