A6XXX Salted Line. Zoom Knob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seafrogs suggested me to insert the camera turned ON, as Barmaglot had told me before. They are going to send me anyway the on/off switch insert as a replacement

No problems with the zoom gear above water with the standard port, 16-50 lens with the a6000 swap kit. As to the on/off switch, my housing had 2 different on/off switch inserts. I tried them both and used the one that worked best with my camera and with the switch in the off position. Perhaps this is something new as my housing also has a dual o-ring on the housing.

Had my first dive today with the housing and found it a bit disappointing. The ON/OFF switch worked fine above water but wouldn't work at all once under. Thankfully the camera was turned on when the switch stopped working. I have found the small adapter for the on/off switch to easily fall out, even when the camera is sealed in the case. I got 76 shots on 2 dives and had maybe 8% remaining. I had the camera set for a 2 minute power saver.

I used a weight from my (very old) Olympus 5050 zip-tied to the ULCS tray and found buoyancy perfect for me: just a little negative.

As a long-time user of the Olympus systems and housing, I found the Oly housing to be of better quality in terms of fit and function. I think the adapter swap kit that makes things so flexible for the Sony A6xxx line also makes it more problematic - more little parts to fall out and mis-align.

Had my first dive today with the housing and found it a bit disappointing. The ON/OFF switch worked fine above water but wouldn't work at all once under. Thankfully the camera was turned on when the switch stopped working. I have found the small adapter for the on/off switch to easily fall out, even when the camera is sealed in the case. I got 76 shots on 2 dives and had maybe 8% remaining. I had the camera set for a 2 minute power saver.

UPDATE: I found more success with the on/off switch by holding the back on snugly while simultaneously latching both sides. My theory is that it prevents the camera from moving even a tiny bit. The on/off switch if very small so any movement of 1 mm or less would be enough to mis-align the switch.

Back
Top Bottom