Cooper River Diving...Recent Reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any recent dive reports on the Cooper River? I've done a lot of searching around here and youtube the past few days, but I don't see any recent reports.

I mailed off my application for a hobby license today. I'll be in Myrtle Beach later in the month and diving for a couple days there. I'm thinking about making the trek up that way to dive for a day if I receive my license in time.

I called Charleston Scuba today and inquired about their river dives. While they aren't currently running charters to the river, they pointed me to two operators that are currently running charters on the river. Captain Tom McMillan at http://www.cooperriver.com and cooperriverdiving.com. Any recent feedback on either of those operators? Thank you.

Sorry I can’t help you, but would love to hear how your dives go!

Don't know a lot about the operators there, its on my list but haven't gotten close enough yet. Someone recommended Lake Jocassee Dive Shop to me at one point, not sure if they are currently running charters there or how often they do but I was told its a good operation. Need a buddy when you go? :happywave:

Attachments

• Terry Tooth.jpg
    Terry Tooth.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 190
Don't know a lot about the operators there, its on my list but haven't gotten close enough yet. Someone recommended Lake Jocassee Dive Shop to me at one point, not sure if they are currently running charters there or how often they do but I was told its a good operation. Need a buddy when you go? :happywave:

I’m only going to be in Charleston for one day. Taking a trip to Myrtle Beach with the GF and she’s cool with a little detour on the way down there.:D

If you happen to be in the area and 6/28 works for you, I’d be happy to buddy up with you. If not...I look forward to meeting up in the future.:cheers:

Cooper River Dive Charters - Simply the Best in Blackwater Diving

Megalodon Dive!

Dive The Cooper | We offer the utmost in comfort & enjoyment for your Cooper River diving, fishing and touring.

You can find all 3 of them on Facebook with updates on their latest finds. Here is a 5.5 I found with Cooper River Divers 2 months ago.

I have been exchanging messages with the operator of Cooper River Diver Charters. I’m leaning towards doing their three tank dive trip on 6/28.

That’s a nice looking tooth. I don’t see too many that size pictured in the updates on Facebook.

That’s a nice looking tooth. I don’t see too many that size pictured in the updates on Facebook.

It's taking me 20 years of the diving the Cooper River here and there to find one that size. The best part is we were actually searching for lost dive gear when I "accidentally" found it. Years ago I took a friend on their first Cooper River dive and they found a 6" tooth immediately upon hitting the bottom. Sometimes its just the right place at the right time in the Cooper!

Have fun! Can't do 6/28 because of conflicting trip, but one of these days...

Found some nice teeth. No huge one, but lots of nice small-ish one.

The current was ripping the first dive. Definitely an interesting experience.

5DBAD440-81FC-4049-B251-49578DAD9CEE.jpeg

My favorites from the lot.

F52BB49C-0EC5-4441-9137-099983567D2A.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom