Servicing regulators Dacor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alvin,
If nothing else, stick the first stage on a tank in your garage and use it to fill your car tires. Cold climate, aluminum rims - you made a great investment.
boat
If they aren’t service able I’ll just keep them for my display shelf thanks for the suggestion I have a compressor for that purpose already. LOL

I have a dacor 950 with xle and xl second stages. Temento's dive shop in Westwego, LA (suburb of NOLA) serviced it for me recently. I bet if you send it to them it will come back better than new. None of the other dive shops around here wanted to mess with them, but you can still get aftermarket parts for most of that stuff. Other shops tried to convince me that I had a shiny chrome paper weight. Ha.

The Dacor regulators of that era were designed to be field serviced with a minimum of tools. The LP seat is flip-able. If one side is not good, you can turn it over and use the other side of the seat. It is a diaphragm design, balanced regulator. A friend of mine said that the Olympic series were the most over-designed regulators ever built, extremely tough regulators. It is a weighty regulator, which brought it out-of-favor with the travel crowd, who insisted on smaller, lighter, less optimally designed regulators for travel.

The Pacer series in the beginning had a purge button problem necessitating a recall, but those were probably handled years ago.

If you need assistance with these regulators, go to:

http://vintagescuba.proboards.com/board/3/general-discussion

SeaRat

I reckon that I’ve thrown away at least a dozen of those in the trash.

Thank you all for you advice it’s much appreciated I’m still going to work on them they are in excellent shape just need servicing I’ll keep looking for the proper parts I require to get them operational again. There are a lot of individuals will to help individuals that have just started off diving and servicing their own equipment. Thank you all

Thank you all for you advice it’s much appreciated I’m still going to work on them they are in excellent shape just need servicing I’ll keep looking for the proper parts I require to get them operational again. There are a lot of individuals will to help individuals that have just started off diving and servicing their own equipment. Thank you all
I have service manuals for these if you need

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom