Any expert know this second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@crazydiver_alex

Hombre
Now we know...Thanks for completing the profile page.
It is noted you reside in Hong Kong -- One of my all time favorite cities.
I spent some time with the HK dive pioneers the Lui brothers, Billy, Kitt and of course Bunn at their shop "Bunns" - I suppose now they are all diving on the big reef in the sky.

The march of time...

Sam Miller, 111

If I had a question and searched the net without joy, I might also join a Board in order to be able to post, relying on the kindness of the members to help me out. I might also not get around to filling out the (optional) profile information, especially if the Board language wasn't my first language.

If I had a question and searched the net without joy, I might also join a Board in order to be able to post, relying on the kindness of the members to help me out. I might also not get around to filling out the (optional) profile information, especially if the Board language wasn't my first language.

Member since 2008, so not really new, but some take longer than others to post rather than read. Everyone needs a reason to post, as I remember I got involved during the Deep Air wars.

Bob

@crazydiver_alex

Hombre
Now we know...Thanks for completing the profile page.
It is noted you reside in Hong Kong -- One of my all time favorite cities.
I spent some time with the HK dive pioneers the Lui brothers, Billy, Kitt and of course Bunn at their shop "Bunns" - I suppose now they are all diving on the big reef in the sky.

The march of time...

Sam Miller, 111
Thank you for your compliment for HK, but she is very different compare with before. I think you may dislike this city now as she is very noise and crowded when you come again. I learned diving in 80s from Bunns which was the largest diving shop/school in HK in that time. Unfortunately, she drop into a small and remarkable shop right now after the boss Master Liu passes away. So sad.

The Lui brothers were my friends . So many good and great conversations

I always wanted one of their HK designed and manufactured bullet proof 2 hose Bunns regulators
Just never got around to purchasing one

IF you ever see one for sale think of me
Warmest regards
SAM

The 2 Double hose regulators from Bunns were Dive-Gauge Super Flow and the Standard Super Flow.
DSCN2646.jpg
DSCN3271.jpg

@scubaho
hose regulators from Bunns were Dive-Gauge Super Flow and the Standard Super Flow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great to hear from you ! it has been years !
Thank you for the pictures of a Bunn's regulator

An interesting possibly unknown fact ….
When Gus and Dick acquired SCUBA Pro from the bankruptcy of Healthways in 1963 they divided their responsibilities : Dick would concentrate on developing a US dealer net work and Gus, who spoke a number of languages, would travel the world searching for products to market.

They seriously considered the Hong Kong Bunns regulator and Gus returned with several to test. They made the decision although the Bunn regulator was a very well made and did not violate the Cousteau- Gagnon patent's to concentrate on single hose regulators.

I often wondered what happened to the samples Gus brought back for testing -- Did you acquire yours in the US or over seas ?

Hope all is well and dry in Naptown

Cheers from California - where the sun is shinning and a slight breeze is blowing

Sam Miller, 111

@crazydiver_alex

@Marie13

Hi Sam, Both regulators came from U S sellers. Thanks for your history info that you graciously share! All is well and damp in Naptown.
Farmers struggling with too much rain. Sent that warm dry air east!

Back
Top Bottom