Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now to them pesky implementation details:

The main problem is that between the curve of the plate and the cross-member on the tank bracket there's very little room in the top half of the pocket. Spreading the shot inside "just right" is a PITA too. So I ended up with only bottom half of the pocket filled. The weight sits marginally higher than trim pouches on the bottom camband, but I only managed to fit some 2-2.5 pounds in there. Which I don't think is really worth the price of that pocket.

Conclusion: don't bother, you're better off with a couple of DGX pouches on the bottom cabmand if you need the weight. Or a lead insert that'll fit under the bracket -- I bet with accurate enough mold you won't even need the mounting holes or anything: between that cross-member and cambands, they'll hold it in there secure enough.

Going to throw on some griplock tank bands and it'll be ready to dive.

dy2D1Y3.jpg

E0fmF0o.jpg

P2ZBiAM.jpg

0nvyC6Q.jpg

kWFECd0.jpg

@t1tan... NICE!

I'm starting to reconsider my excessively bulky DiveRite harness... :(:(:(:(

Also, where'd you get the hardware?

Some pool maintenance with Deep 6, FP and Zeagle. I just can’t really get behind the feel of the webbing and the shape of the wing I do appreciate that they were completely dry in about 5 minutes only a few pieces of regular webbing (tank straps, crotch strap, weight pouches) were still wet by the time I dried off.
E8DF7C41-B3AB-4BAA-9782-58A3D1581692.jpeg
368DA038-AA56-4170-BDF8-88791142456D.jpeg

You guys can email Tom from TOMSPRO at tomasz.stryjecki@gmail.com

He got back to me quickly and sent me an English PDF list of his products and prices in Euro's. I takes bank wire transfer and also a payment app called Revolut if you have that.

Going to throw on some griplock tank bands and it'll be ready to dive.

I just ordered my wife some GripLock Tank bands from DRIS but haven't had a chance to even touch them. Very interested to see how you like them.

Also, is your FP just painted? I thought about having mine CeraKoted once I get it (some day :( )

Could you tell us what you bought and the approximate cost? It will save a bunch of us translating. Thanks!

What's pictured are the following,

x2 A#1 in Stainless
x1 B#1L in Stainless

total is/was 73 euro, so $82 shipped from Poland, he actually sent them as soon as they were finished before even requesting payment, I just relocated to FL and funds are low so he's letting me wait till my first paycheck, definitely a good dude to work with.

I just ordered my wife some GripLock Tank bands from DRIS but haven't had a chance to even touch them. Very interested to see how you like them.

Also, is your FP just painted? I thought about having mine CeraKoted once I get it (some day :( )

My FP is aluminum so I had it Type III Hardcoat anodized.

Dived my new aluminum Contour Plate for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Little Cayman. It exceeded all expectations and it weighs next to nothing. Thanks @Eric Sedletzky! I rigged it with a comfort harness like my stainless Freedom Plate and a VDH Argonaut 18# wing.

I didn’t include the optional rails for the plate out of fear it may delay delivery, so to lift and angle the tank I installed a “Big H” wedge. Husqvarna that is. I planned on shaping an angled standoff from a block of delrin (plastic), but stumbled upon an old tree wedge in my tool box and had an epiphany. So I ordered an eight inch Husqvarna wedge, drilled a few counterbored holes and by filing that bastard, errrr, using a bastard file I cut a couple of two inch wide notches for the cam bands to clear. The wedge supports the tank and integrated STA rods in the wing for a very stable assembly.

7220E8EB-4BCF-4C1D-93C6-BBC2AAD202E5.jpeg

Attachments

• 83B03E1F-A7F9-4D8C-B296-22A15B29C7AA.jpeg
    83B03E1F-A7F9-4D8C-B296-22A15B29C7AA.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 02841604-1DEB-4B31-AA17-1FE058EB2FE0.jpeg
    02841604-1DEB-4B31-AA17-1FE058EB2FE0.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DB57236B-8270-466A-866E-6C2881F75438.jpeg
    DB57236B-8270-466A-866E-6C2881F75438.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 223
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/