Dry suit size query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say so. It looks like the legs are binding up on you, not allowing you to kneel any further, correct? If that's the case, I think the legs are too short for you.

Do you have an underesuit on? if not then I can imagine that the lower half of the suit will be more restricted in fit/movement when you do have one on. The top looks ok in the front standing picture but the rear view standing picture it looks a bit baggy above the hips.

The best suit is the one that fits properly and comfortably. How does it feel?

-Z

It would seem that there is lot of tension in the legs when you squad indicating short and restrictive suit legs. This will put tension on the seams and eventually fail resulting in leaks.

Is there enough slack on the suspenders, most new divers leave these to tight resulting in restrictive space/movement in the lower part of the suit.

It does not seem that you have any significant thermal protection under the suit, is this so?

Can you add a back view as you squat? If it is pulling on the back a lot it could start pulling on the neck seal.
At some point you have to reach a balance between ability to flex and too baggy.
That squat position, how often are you in that position? An ugly dive ladder?

Hi everyone,

Another dry suit sizing query :
Do you think this suit is a good fit?
Are the legs too short?

Cheers
J

View media item 208095View media item 208096View media item 208097

PO...

Hard to tell from the photos...there does seem to be some ''slack'' in knee area from front and back photos when standing...

Measure your inseam...and the inseam on the suit...make sure you are wearing whatever undergarment...including socks you are planning to use...

Also make sure your telescopic waist is tucked properly...which it does not appear to be in the photos...

The legs of the suit are a primary area where you do not want surplus fabric to trap air...having said that...if the suit's inseam is shorter than your inseam...then the suit is too short...I wouldn't want the inseam of the suit to be any longer than 1.5'' of my inseam...

Best...

Warren

I would say so. It looks like the legs are binding up on you, not allowing you to kneel any further, correct? If that's the case, I think the legs are too short for you.
Thanks for the replies. I didn't try to squat any further - but not because I didn't feel I could - I just didn't check full range properly. I might have to go try it on again...

Do you have an underesuit on? if not then I can imagine that the lower half of the suit will be more restricted in fit/movement when you do have one on. The top looks ok in the front standing picture but the rear view standing picture it looks a bit baggy above the hips.

The best suit is the one that fits properly and comfortably. How does it feel?

-Z
It felt great apart from the knee bit - which didn't feel uncomfortable but I just wasn't sure if there should be any resistance at all there. Apparently not, from the replies. I wasn't wearing an undersuit.
It would seem that there is lot of tension in the legs when you squad indicating short and restrictive suit legs. This will put tension on the seams and eventually fail resulting in leaks.

Is there enough slack on the suspenders, most new divers leave these to tight resulting in restrictive space/movement in the lower part of the suit.

It does not seem that you have any significant thermal protection under the suit, is this so?
I didn't check suspenders tightness - I can't remember feeling any pulling there but there was tightness in the bend - not bad tightness but it was there.

Can you add a back view as you squat? If it is pulling on the back a lot it could start pulling on the neck seal.
At some point you have to reach a balance between ability to flex and too baggy.
That squat position, how often are you in that position? An ugly dive ladder?
It definitely wasn't pulling on the neck seal - I didn't feel any tension anywhere except the knees. Yeah, I can't think of any time I'd be squatting in a suit but apparently that's how to check fit, so I'm told. I just didn't go the whole way down.

PO...

Hard to tell from the photos...there does seem to be some ''slack'' in knee area from front and back photos when standing...

Measure your inseam...and the inseam on the suit...make sure you are wearing whatever undergarment...including socks you are planning to use...

Also make sure your telescopic waist is tucked properly...which it does not appear to be in the photos...

The legs of the suit are a primary area where you do not want surplus fabric to trap air...having said that...if the suit's inseam is shorter than your inseam...then the suit is too short...I wouldn't want the inseam of the suit to be any longer than 1.5'' of my inseam...

Best...

Warren
Thanks - I'll check the inseam of the suit. It's not one that I've bought (yet) - I'm just debating heavily because it's a brand new, great suit and made-to-measure, just not made to my measurements!

All that said, I'd eventually want to swap the boots for socks - does anyone have experience adding length with socks?

Thanks for the replies. I didn't try to squat any further - but not because I didn't feel I could - I just didn't check full range properly. I might have to go try it on again...

It felt great apart from the knee bit - which didn't feel uncomfortable but I just wasn't sure if there should be any resistance at all there. Apparently not, from the replies. I wasn't wearing an undersuit.

I didn't check suspenders tightness - I can't remember feeling any pulling there but there was tightness in the bend - not bad tightness but it was there.

It definitely wasn't pulling on the neck seal - I didn't feel any tension anywhere except the knees. Yeah, I can't think of any time I'd be squatting in a suit but apparently that's how to check fit, so I'm told. I just didn't go the whole way down.

Thanks - I'll check the inseam of the suit. It's not one that I've bought (yet) - I'm just debating heavily because it's a brand new, great suit and made-to-measure, just not made to my measurements!

All that said, I'd eventually want to swap the boots for socks - does anyone have experience adding length with socks?

PO...

I have soft feet on my DUI CF 200 Signature suit...would suggest your inseam is measured to your ankle bone...

Best...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom