Looking for an instructor for Junior OW course in central TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfyrasng

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My son is now 10 and is ready to jump into diving (pun intended). He's a natural in the water (easily did the 200m and 10 tread) and is quite bright, so I think it's time to get him enrolled into the Jr. OW course. I'm looking for a good instructor in the Austin area. We've dealt with Scuba Land and Dive World. I prefer not to go back to Dive World, and am hesitant on Scuba Land, based on my wife's experiences. With that in mind, I would love some recomendations for other instructors/shops in the area. I have a referral for an instructor in San Marcos, and if needed we'll drive down, but obviously something closer to home would be better (we're in Leander).

Sign up for a private class schedule, get him a wet suit if he a typical skinned kid. Take him to a warm ,clear water destination to do the certification dives.

Sign up for a private class schedule, get him a wet suit if he a typical skinned kid. Take him to a warm ,clear water destination to do the certification dives.
I’m about convinced he could pass in zero vis, but I want to be sure he has an instructor who is comfortable with kids

Talk with Robert Weiss at LakeTravisScuba.com - Premier Scuba Diving at Lake Travis in Austin, TX!

He is the instructor I trusted with my wife's refresher. Robert is certified to dive in Spring Lake. I like diving in Spring Lake for the first day of learning. The only problem I have with completing certification there is the you can't go deep enough. Lake Travis is better for the third and fourth dives.

Do you know where he teaches out of? The website mainly discusses diving at Travis

Robert usually works as a contractor with Scubaland. He used their pool for my wife's refresher. For my money, I would hire Robert as a private instructor for your son.

Back
Top Bottom