How long is your hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats a hell of a personal question to ask someone, the length of their hose. You have to get this information using other cues. How big are their feet?How long are their thumbs? How big is their ears? You get a guy with big feet, big ears, and long thumbs, you may not know how long his hose is, but you have one goofy looking dude.

Oh my!:giggle:

Here is a compromise. Buy one,,,, perhaps a myfles and keep it in your save a dive kit. .

My parents were both raised on farms....................One does NOT simply go out and buy a new hose to replace a perfectly good hose. Re Myflex.............that's just gross, and in poor taste.

You know what they say about a guy with big feet...

"he wears big socks/shoes"

Well I decided to replace my LP inflator hose at the beginning of the year with the standard rubber version, as the original was older than 5 years. This was allocated to my "save a dive" kit.

During my Bali trip in April I noticed some small bubbles forming along the length of the hose after returning from a dive. I depressurised the rig, cleaned the hose and re-pressurised it again and after a few mins about 4 or 5 small bubbles appeared again.

This was a brand new hose but of course I've no idea how long it had been sitting in the LDS. No bubbles streaming out of it were apparent when I was diving though, very strange, but I replaced it with the hose that I've been using for the past 5 years :D

FYI, I see ads on TV, there are pills so that it will last longer.

I have hoses that Ive been diving with for 15 years -- although I recently replaced my primary hose w/ a miflex so I could set up primary donate. The old hose is now in save a dive kit.

I also will take the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach. Every time Ive had my regulator act up has been after a service.

My parents were both raised on farms....................One does NOT simply go out and buy a new hose to replace a perfectly good hose. Re Myflex.............that's just gross, and in poor taste.

My folks were farmers also and they did just that. they ran the part till it failed and pulled a replacement out of the tool box and fixed it on site. Hose or fan belt, it is all the same. You dont allow your equipment to go down when you have to get a crop in or out of the field. You alwso dont complain about the cost because becasue having the part means you dont have to wait a day or so to get one in and the cost of no production can bankrupt you. If you are familiar with farming then you know ow critical it is to get a crop out when it is dry. If you dont the elevator costs for grain drying will kill you. It makes a spare fan belt pretty cheap at any cost.

Now if you would please educate me. why is having a Myflex spare hose in poor taste. It packs a whole lot easier than a stiff rubber hose and is not being over cautious when the discussion is about a decades old hose that is currently being used. This discussion sems to be akin to a debate about having a spare tire in your car trunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom