Wanted Bar SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gizbar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a used SPG in bar. Don't need the hose but let me see what you've got, thanks!

If you can’t get any used, piranha dive have good prices on new.

or just realize that 200 bar is roughly 3000psi (2900), 100 bar is roughly 1500psi (1450psi), and 50 bar is roughly 1500psi (750psi).

100psi is @ 6.89bar

It is really not important to know one's exact amount of air...it is more important that one is looking at the gauge enough to have a sense where the needle is relative to full and empty throughout the dive.

I have been living in Europe since the spring of 2012 and the SPG on my primary regulator set is psi...I took a sharpie and marked on the bezel (suunto sm36) the approximate location of 200bar , 150bar, 100bar, and 50bar. I tried marking it every 10 bar but that started to look ugly so I went with every 50. In the beginning it was helpful but now it will be harder to sell if I ever wanted to.

As a Divemaster, I don't really care about the exact amount of air one has in their tank. When I give the signal for how much air you have, I only care that you are checking it...and I brief that whether I ask/signal or not, I want to be notified when one reaches half tank pressure (usually 100 bar/1500psi) and reserve pressure (usually 50bar/500psi). The expectation is that every diver is managing their air and I encourage this by signaling to check one's spg every 5-10 minutes throughout the dive.

If one needs anything more accurate than the above then my suggestion is to purchase an air integrated computer as the computer and/or accompanying dive log software will compute SAC, RMV, etc and be more helpful from a gas planning perspective.

So save your money and invest in a grease pencil or sharpie and mark the bezel or glass of your current SPG to note the major bar increments and just dive.

-Z

or just realize that 200 bar is roughly 3000psi (2900), 100 bar is roughly 1500psi (1450psi), and 50 bar is roughly 1500psi (750psi).

100psi is @ 6.89bar

It is really not important to know one's exact amount of air...it is more important that one is looking at the gauge enough to have a sense where the needle is relative to full and empty throughout the dive.

I have been living in Europe since the spring of 2012 and the SPG on my primary regulator set is psi...I took a sharpie and marked on the bezel (suunto sm36) the approximate location of 200bar , 150bar, 100bar, and 50bar. I tried marking it every 10 bar but that started to look ugly so I went with every 50. In the beginning it was helpful but now it will be harder to sell if I ever wanted to.

As a Divemaster, I don't really care about the exact amount of air one has in their tank. When I give the signal for how much air you have, I only care that you are checking it...and I brief that whether I ask/signal or not, I want to be notified when one reaches half tank pressure (usually 100 bar/1500psi) and reserve pressure (usually 50bar/500psi). The expectation is that every diver is managing their air and I encourage this by signaling to check one's spg every 5-10 minutes throughout the dive.

If one needs anything more accurate than the above then my suggestion is to purchase an air integrated computer as the computer and/or accompanying dive log software will compute SAC, RMV, etc and be more helpful from a gas planning perspective.

So save your money and invest in a grease pencil or sharpie and mark the bezel or glass of your current SPG to note the major bar increments and just dive.

-Z
Thanks for the input but it's personal preference with different circumstances

I've got a used one.

It is chrome and glass with a 1.5" face

I'll have to confirm the details when I get home and can send you a picture, too.

It's in like new condition...

Back
Top Bottom