Looking for SSI Nitrox Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may seem confusing but as others pointed out, when you sign up for a Nitrox certification through SSI and SDI, you can purchase the text book or purchase the content online. There were a few reasons why this option was created. More and more people are getting certified at exotic locations and instead of landing there and buying a book, the online learning enabled them to finish theory prior to arrival. So the procedure will be to sign-up for a course with a dive shop or a resort and then purchase the online version instead of a text book version. This also enables the agencies to eliminate printing costs. Hope this helps?

you can do a virtual nitrox course, if you will find an instructor who will do a live video chat with you, and will go through all the class room training via facetime, Skype, whatup, ect. that's what I did. paid the fee, did online learning and did the live training via video chat. the only downside from that is the fact that you need to have your own air analyzer.

you can do a virtual nitrox course, if you will find an instructor who will do a live video chat with you, and will go through all the class room training via facetime, Skype, whatup, ect. that's what I did. paid the fee, did online learning and did the live training via video chat. the only downside from that is the fact that you need to have your own air analyzer.

That would certainly be 100% against agency standards at least for PADI and SSI.

Like others have said, you will need to have a practical application for the EANx class. At my shop, we charge $120.00 for the class.

Well, may be...but from my perspective, I don't see the difference between talking to someone in person or via screen. As long as you'll get all the training that you need, you should be good. I believe SSI and PADI had their rules in place before the video chat became standard way of communication. And I'm talking about nitrox course only, nothing else.

Well, may be...but from my perspective, I don't see the difference between talking to someone in person or via screen. As long as you'll get all the training that you need, you should be good. I believe SSI and PADI had their rules in place before the video chat became standard way of communication. And I'm talking about nitrox course only, nothing else.

Do you have a PADI OR SSI Nitrox card?

I agree, except one needs to have the experience on the process of analyzing cylinders, admittedly not a complex process, but hugely important.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom