First Sea Dive Advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

--follow boat crew directions.
--Take a "dry" bag and ask where the dry stuff goes.
--don't take your log book. If you want to write data down use a piece of paper & pencil in a jar.
Everyone else will cover all the rest.
Oh, unless it's a drift dive, always remember where the blankity blank anchor/line is located on the bottom.
Good luck.

1) These dives may be drift dives -- or at least dives in current. You may want to familiarize yourself with any procedures needed for drift diving -- if you need to have DSMB on you, how the descents will be done, etc.

2) Have fun. One piece of advice given to me that I know share with new divers -- every now and then tilt yourself up and scan whats above you. There may be cool pelagic creatures swimming above you and you can completely miss them bc you are in proper horizontal trim.

Cools tips! Thanks!

We're jealous. So tell us afterwards how nicely it went. With excellent vis and warm water, you'll find it much easier to relax and enjoy nature, than in that cold dark stuff....

@nolatom

It was really good, couldn't have asked for two better first shallow and deep dives. Didn't see much from an aquatic life perspective with them being quite local - but it allowed me to follow my training, and practice not sucking air.

Credit on the deep dive there were 2 chaps from Essex diving who were giving me pointers and assistance!

Overall loved it, and cannot wait to complete more!

Thanks for all your help folks!

@nolatom

It was really good, couldn't have asked for two better first shallow and deep dives. Didn't see much from an aquatic life perspective with them being quite local - but it allowed me to follow my training, and practice not sucking air.

Credit on the deep dive there were 2 chaps from Essex diving who were giving me pointers and assistance!

Overall loved it, and cannot wait to complete more!

Thanks for all your help folks!

I did a boat dive in Playa last June. I recommend taking some Dramamine before getting on the boat. I was in the Navy and understand seasickness. Getting sick on my first boat dive in Playa was a bummer. Better to take the Dramamine and not need it then not to take it. I didn't let it spoil my dive. Once I got everything out of my stomach, I was good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom