St. Lawrence River recovery - Ontario, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am very close with this diver and he is a titan in the industry... out of respect to the family, friends and co-workers, I do not want to share his identity until it's been officially announced... but this is an incredibly sad day for us and for the industry.

Very sorry for you loss.

My girlfriend and her regular dive buddy did this same dive the day before this occurred. She told me that the current was much stronger than what they usually experience. She had her scooter with her, but her buddy was swimming and had to work his butt of pulling hand over hand at times.

I am very close with this diver and he is a titan in the industry... out of respect to the family, friends and co-workers, I do not want to share his identity until it's been officially announced... but this is an incredibly sad day for us and for the industry.

I am incredibly sorry for the pain you and the community are going through.

I haven't called around for details because I don't want to be that person that is just asking to tell a story.

Please let me know if there is a call for regular divers to help in the recovery. We are here and are willing to contribute. I know the OPP dive team is searching and wish them the safest of dives in this time.

I am not sure where you are, but if you are coming to the area and need anything please reach out

The missing diver was an absolute legend in the industry. A great guy, who got many dive pros started out on their career. He touched many lives. I'm sitting here in absolute shock.

Omg, what the heck was he doing in the St. Lawrence? I didn't realize who it was that we've lost.

God Bless him, his family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom