PSAI Vs. TDI Certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBlenny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm going to be doing my sidemount and cavern training fairly soon, and the shop in Tulum offers both PSAI and TDI classes. At the end of the day, does it really matter which one I go with? The instructor will be the same either way.

Thanks!

agreed it is the instructor that matters most. i would suggest however that you think about your end goal and make sure whichever agency you choose can get you there

I would ask for both in the event something happens to one agency. For example, I believe there have been some issues regarding lost training records (paper and/or electronic) for one cave training agency. Regardless, keep all of your paperwork and make copies of your cards in the event they start to fade.

I would ask for both in the event something happens to one agency. For example, I believe there have been some issues regarding lost training records (paper and/or electronic) for one cave training agency. Regardless, keep all of your paperwork and make copies of your cards in the event they start to fade.
This is true in many cases. I assume you are going with Protec who actually own PSAI Mexico so I would say the records are in good hands. I had a bad experience with ANDI loosing records after a hurricane. I was told all the records were in a filing cabinet in a downstairs office in NY that got flooded.

Doesn't matter. The card is the card. You'll be fine either way.

Thanks for all the insight; I wouldn't have ever considered asking for cards from both agencies. And yes, I will be training with Kim from Protec Tulum :)

Cheers,

-Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom